Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom.net on iphone4

Options
  • 16-12-2011 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Im having problems with my iphone4 and my eircom.net email account. The last few days I can receive emails fine but it will only send them at times. Im with 3 as my provider and my wifi at home is with Vodafone through my eircom line. I read somewhere that I should delete my eircom account from my fone and reinstall it to fix the problem. I said Id try it but Since I deleted it I now cant reinstall it. The message comes up " The SMTP server mail1.eircom.net is not responding". This message comes up wheather Im doing it through 3g or wifi. I can access the internet fine from the fone and do everything perfectly. Its just the email that wont work. It has my head wrecked all day.... Any ideas?

The settings Im entering are Host Name: webmail.eircom.net. Ive also tried using mail1.eircom.net.

Outgoing Mail Server: mail1.eircom.net

I also have a gmail account on the fone, is there any way I could send my received emails from my eircom account to the gmail account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You could try to set smtp server (outgoing) to mail2.eircom.net or smtp.eircom.net.
    Do you have an account on eircom, maybe if you log in and ask their support?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You will not be able to send using Eircom SMTP over wireless broadband, only your home network Wifi. You need to change the ougoing server to Threes details, I think these are: mail-relay.3ireland.ie. Webmail.eircom.net will work fine on Three for receiving emails

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭richiee

Tried using mail-relay.3ireland.ie. First message came up saying it doesnt support SSL, do you want to continue anyway. So I clicked yes then a Message came back saying "the SMTP server mail-relay.3ireland.ie doesnt support password authentication.

so annoying!!

Whats going wrong?

richiee wrote: »
    Tried using mail-relay.3ireland.ie. First message came up saying it doesnt support SSL, do you want to continue anyway. So I clicked yes then a Message came back saying "the SMTP server mail-relay.3ireland.ie doesnt support password authentication.

so annoying!!

Whats going wrong?

Turn off SPA in the email client, you don't need to login to use Threes smtp server I don't think

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭richiee

How do I do that?

• Advertisement

How do I do that?

Its sometimes called "Require login" or Secure Authentication. I don't have an Iphone so unsure of the setting

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

I can get my Iphone to download my eircom emails but I can't send emails.

I'm with THREE, does anybody know how to set up an Iphone to send eircom emails?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Beans028

Im having problems with my iphone4 and my eircom.net email account. The last few days I can receive emails fine but it will only send them at times. Im with 3 as my provider and my wifi at home is with Vodafone through my eircom line. I read somewhere that I should delete my eircom account from my fone and reinstall it to fix the problem. I said Id try it but Since I deleted it I now cant reinstall it. The message comes up " The SMTP server mail1.eircom.net is not responding". This message comes up wheather Im doing it through 3g or wifi. I can access the internet fine from the fone and do everything perfectly. Its just the email that wont work. It has my head wrecked all day.... Any ideas?

The settings Im entering are Host Name: webmail.eircom.net. Ive also tried using mail1.eircom.net.

Outgoing Mail Server: mail1.eircom.net

I also have a gmail account on the fone, is there any way I could send my received emails from my eircom account to the gmail account?

I've been having the same problem. I changed over to 3 when I bought my iPhone in November & I gave up trying to sort the problem within a week. In short, 3 said to contact Eircom & Eircom said to contact 3 - useless!

I have outgoing mail server: mail-relay.3ireland.ie & incoming mail server: webmail.eircom.net. I was told by Eircom to also change the username to my email address without "@eircom.net" at the end.

The thoughts of phoning 3 & Eircom again is killing me. If someone can solve this problem here, it would be excellent.

Advertisement