Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I convince my friends NOT to smoke

Options
  • 16-12-2011 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

they tend to do it in excess, like having a cigarette each hour and also they go out into smoking rooms in the deathly cold of winter and that can't be good for them either, I'm only looking out for their health really. Otherwise it's their own business if they want to smoke, I guess. Even if i got them to cut down i'd be happy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Post moved to here from the Smoking forum where I hope you'll find more sensible suggestions.

/Waves to the nice mods of GUS

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 BoardsUser836

OldGoat wrote: »
    Post moved to here from the Smoking forum where I hope you'll find more sensible suggestions.

/Waves to the nice mods of GUS

Fair point, I'm only a newbie so I don't know some of the places to post just yet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

they tend to do it in excess, like having a cigarette each hour and also they go out into smoking rooms in the deathly cold of winter and that can't be good for them either,

The deathly cold of winter is not bad for them at all compared to the poisonous noxious smoke they are breathing in every hour.
    I'm only looking out for their health really. Otherwise it's their own business if they want to smoke, I guess. Even if i got them to cut down i'd be happy.

They wont cut down and you wont get them to stop. Hopefully, some of them will quit like I and others on this forum did, but no amount of nagging will do it.

I know that if I went back in time and met my old smoking self and tried to convince him to give up, he wouldn't because he's addicted and the addiction blinds you from the sensible decision.

Don't make an issue out of it, you will only end up falling out with them.

Advertisement