Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Tiernan - Late Late Show.

Options
  • 16-12-2011 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭

How many times will he curse or make reference to priests on the Late Late tonight?

How many times will he curse or make reference to priests on the Late Late tonight? 23 votes

0% 0 votes
    0-10
    4% 1 vote
    11-20
    43% 10 votes
    20-40
    34% 8 votes
    40+
    17% 4 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

To many times.he is after hours on steroids. Funny at the start but annoying after two seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Didn't he used to be funny about 10 or 11 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,286 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

No

Met him once. He was an arse.
    Pixies \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

I've been out of the country for the last 6 months. So it seems as Tommy Tiernan and the the late late ................actually you know what I couldn't even be arsed finishing this post

• Advertisement

mconigol wrote: »
    I've been out of the country for the last 6 months. So it seems as Tommy Tiernan and the the late late ................actually you know what I couldn't even be arsed finishing this post
    yeah basically you didn't miss muzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

None. I hope he just comes on for a chat, in person a real sound fellow, really interesting and nothing like the character he acts. He would actually make a great presenter, any late night jobs coming up on RTE?

But people will be expecting a show.

Unfortunatly I can't watch the LLS anymore, it's kind of like having 10 bars of dairy-milk and 2 bottles of vinegar and rolling down a hill inside a barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

Tomk1 wrote: »
    it's kind of like having 10 bars of dairy-milk and 2 bottles of vinegar and rolling down a hill inside a barrel.

I can't work out if thats a good thing or not??? I'm guessing its bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

deuceswild wrote: »
    I can't work out if thats a good thing or not??? I'm guessing its bad!

Need chips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I've seen Tommy a few times, first time I knew nothing about him and thought he was brilliant but every other time he was less and less funny, just kind of angry and shouty - bit like that Jason Byrne arse - really can't stand Tommy's humour anymore. He has a massive opinion of himself but all he is a big fish ina small untalented pond.
    Sooo contoversial... yawn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I'm not sure OP, but what I can say this with certainty:
    • He will shout.... a lot
    • He will slag Tubs who will try to banter, but fail
    • He will shout more
    • The whole 15 mins will be a holocaust of comedy
    • But the audience will still collectively pee their pants laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Who else is on tonight? Or will I just put the syfy channel on - think megashark v crocasaurus is on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

What are the odds that the only questions asked will lead him into a long spiel, taken directly from his DVD, which is out in time for Christmas?

I can't remember the last time he was on the LLS, where what he said wasn't taken straight from his routine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

The Late Late sucks the big one IIRC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

seanybiker wrote: »
    Met him once. He was an arse.

I suppose you know one when you see one. I wonder what he thought about you?:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Dovies wrote: »
    Who else is on tonight? Or will I just put the syfy channel on - think megashark v crocasaurus is on :D

Graham Norton is a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

+1 on Graham.

Last week. I had to choose between Graham Norton with guests Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Jimmy Carr.... OR

The Late Late with Daniel O'Donnel.

Life's all about these tough choices and their consequences isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

He's shìte, I watched his most recent stuff and while he's lowered the shouting somewhat he's just replaced it with constantly repeating the same punchline over and over, louder and louder hoping to kill time to keep people laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Tommy gets an awful time of it here, the usual with people who have success i guess, he isnt actually a knob in person you know, have met him a few times and always had a laugh with him. Never got any bad vibes off him or sense that his head is up his own ass like I have done with plenty of others, famous or not....

You may not like his comedy, thats fine, I understand that, some of it has been hit and miss but his earlier work was excellent, and the point is, if you dont like him. Dont go see him/watch him on tv/buy his dvd/or start stupid threads to bitch about him on the internet...

He surely cant be that important in your life

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I never stated that he was "a knob". .

I was not bitching. I was merely asking a question which I feel was relevant to the which in which he portrays his act.

Gave him the benefit of doubt and went to see him once.

In relation to success, as someone mentioned it is a very small pond. I'm open to correction here, but as far as i know he has not been a success outside Ireland. If he does, I would consider that a success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭suzzi

saw tt last night - yes, the dvd is out, he effed, wore pointless cap (unless the heating was off in rte)....another three minutes of my life never retrieved....oh, and was not really funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Never liked tiernans brand of humour but curiously I waited for him to come on last night pure ****e sad really, but you know what he is making a ton of dough so good luck to him! He is almost as annoying as his mate Hector

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

kryogen wrote: »
    Tommy gets an awful time of it here, the usual with people who have success i guess, he isnt actually a knob in person you know, have met him a few times and always had a laugh with him. Never got any bad vibes off him or sense that his head is up his own ass like I have done with plenty of others, famous or not....

You may not like his comedy, thats fine, I understand that, some of it has been hit and miss but his earlier work was excellent, and the point is, if you dont like him. Dont go see him/watch him on tv/buy his dvd/or start stupid threads to bitch about him on the internet...

He surely cant be that important in your life

Have you posted anything in the Mail Online by any chance??
    The post looks very familiar.....

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

I watched him on the LL last night and thought he was funny. I haven't seen much of him lately but always thought he was good.

People say he is too controversial but dont all the top comedians be at least a little controversial once in their career?

In relation to success, as someone mentioned it is a very small pond. I'm open to correction here, but as far as i know he has not been a success outside Ireland. If he does, I would consider that a success.

It might be a very small pond but he has been VERY succesful in it and a quick search on google will fill you in on how he has done very well outside of the country. Not just in the UK but Oz, America and Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Seem's this little cock sucker show's up to haunt us with a new DVD and promo this time every year - why don't ya do one Tiernan you unfunny bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Seem's this little cock sucker show's up to haunt us with a new DVD and promo this time every year - why don't ya do one Tiernan you unfunny bollox.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Brilliant Ted!!!

sarcasim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

:eek: don't hold back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Why don't ya do one??
    He did. Released it in time for Christmas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Try the Late Late show thread in tv forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement