Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Dentist's in Poland and Eastern europe

Options
  • 15-12-2011 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am facing a rather large dental outlay that would cost thousands in this country, can anyone recommend a dentist in any country particuarly Poland.

Ryanair are offering cheap flights at present to eastern europe and i wish to avail of this oppourtunity to get some dental work done

Ideally somewhere like malta or the canaries where i could get some sunshine and my dental work done would be seventh heaven. However getting the work done is priority. So a wintry polish dentist somewhere would be sufficient.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

pirelli wrote: »
    Hi

I am facing a rather large dental outlay that would cost thousands in this country, can anyone recommend a dentist in any country particuarly Poland.

Ryanair are offering cheap flights at present to eastern europe and i wish to avail of this oppourtunity to get some dental work done

Ideally somewhere like malta or the canaries where i could get some sunshine and my dental work done would be seventh heaven. However getting the work done is priority. So a wintry polish dentist somewhere would be sufficient.

Regards

Oh dear lord, please don't do it.
    I saw a very nice guy last week who had a full mouth rehabilitation in Poland 3 years ago. They root canal treated every tooth in his head, placed posts in all and then cemented very poor crown and bridgework over it.
    He now has 17 infected teeth that are hopeless and require removal and a large cyst that needs treatment. The treatment was completed in an unrealistic timeframe for this type of work.

If it's cheap- then it's cheap for a reason and you will pay with interest for it later.

By all means, quality and cost need to be balanced but you will get no quality with cheap fast treatment for sure.

Good luck,
    OS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Oh dear lord, please don't do it.
    I saw a very nice guy last week who had a full mouth rehabilitation in Poland 3 years ago. They root canal treated every tooth in his head, placed posts in all and then cemented very poor crown and bridgework over it.
    He now has 17 infected teeth that are hopeless and require removal and a large cyst that needs treatment. The treatment was completed in an unrealistic timeframe for this type of work.

If it's cheap- then it's cheap for a reason and you will pay with interest for it later.

By all means, quality and cost need to be balanced but you will get no quality with cheap fast treatment for sure.

Good luck,
    OS

It's not that extensive. There are risks to every procedure and infections are a statistical outcome across the Dental industry in all countries. That sounds very extreme situation and highlights the legal difficulty in getting overseas work and the poor man's tragic plight does resound sympathy with me and i would hope Dentists like that are punished.

But all the while although there risks I want to hear recommendations from people because unless the Poles have really bad teeth problems or a conspiracy against us foreigners then it is possible to get decent dental work done at a fair price.

Please people recommend me a good dentist abroad.

Oral Surgeon;

It's not that extensive. There are risks to every procedure and infections are a statistical outcome across the Dental industry in all countries. That sounds very extreme situation and highlights the legal difficulty in getting overseas work and the poor man's tragic plight does resound sympathy with me and i would hope Dentists like that are punished.

But all the while although there risks I want to hear recommendations from people because unless the Poles have really bad teeth problems or a conspiracy against us foreigners then it is possible to get decent dental work done at a fair price.

Please people recommend me a good dentist abroad.

185396.jpg

Your story oral surgeon most likely was some urban myth you heard at dental school.
    17 root canals?

WTF are you smoking?

Show some supporting evidence, a media link or the the dentist in question's location at the very least.

tumblr_l6zw7kHzrz1qaj9xh.png

185396.jpg

Oral Surgeon;
    May i ask why he is seeing you and was it on a professional basis. May i be so impertinent to suggest you might be this man's worst nightmare.... after you pull all 17 of his teeth out, think about it. While your advice may wish to dominate my thread, I very much, unlike the poor man whose teeth your about to wrench from his mouth; would like a second opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

Your story oral surgeon most likely was some urban myth you heard at dental school.
    17 root canals?

WTF are you smoking?

Show some supporting evidence, a media link or the the dentist in question's location at the very least.

Op search this thread, there are pictures and xrays up from some of the dentists that post here of horrible cheap work that was done in eastern europe and even more horror stories from people themselves.

Not saying that all done abroad is the same but its worth knowing what can happen! If its worth doing right, its worth spending money on in my opinion!

Im also assuming work that will cost thousands would more than likely require several visits if done well and having a dentist near by if anything need urgent attention.

17 root canals?

WTF are you smoking?

No urban myth- I saw this man last week.

Yes I know that 17 root canals in one day is mad but thats what happened- don't shoot the messenger.

No clinic names allowed on Boards and I won't be posting photos or X-rays due to confidentiality etc...

Oral Surgeon;
    May i ask why he is seeing you and was it on a professional basis. May i be so impertinent to suggest you might be this man's worst nightmare.... after you pull all 17 of his teeth out, think about it. While your advice may wish to dominate my thread, I very much, unlike the poor man whose teeth your about to wrench from his mouth; would like a second opinion.

Why am I the baddie, what did I do that was wrong??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Try www.boards.pl thread closed. Open another thread in a few years when you need it fixed and double your initial quote. Here are some I saw in the last month all went for high speed low cost jobs. You pay your money and take your chances. I dont want any doubt that the dentists on here do not reccomend high speed dental tourism. Make of that what you want.

185415.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement