Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betting Novice: Questions

Options
  • 15-12-2011 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Been playing Poker for nearly 5 years and feel I want to delve more into Soccer and NFL betting.

I am a complete NOOB when it comes to gambling and I just wanted to ask a few questions.

1. Can someone explain to me handicap betting please. For example.. You see comments like. "I have backed the new orleans saints at -6.5" and I have backed Stoke -1 etc.
    2. How do I place football accumulators online on my Paddy Power a/c?

Thank you.

Will be starting a log tomorrow on here. Hope to become part of the community.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Handicap betting for example Stoke -1 means you are backing Stoke to win minus 1 goal. To win this bet Stoke must win by more than 1 goal e.g. 2-0 or 3-1. Basically deduct one goal from Stokes total and if they still win, your bets a winner.

In order to place football accumulators on PP, go into football betting section, click on your 1st selection, this will add to your betslip, click your 2nd selection and this will also add to your betslip..... so on.... so on........
    When you have all your selections added to your betslip you will see the choices of bets you can make at the bottom of your betslip.
    Enter your stake in the box marked accumulator and place your bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Thank you for answering such silly questions.

Sorted now.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

No such thing as silly questions. If you don't ask, you may never know.

Best of luck with your log :)

Advertisement