Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax relief on Business Loan Repayments?

Options
  • 15-12-2011 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, I am the only involved director in a non-trading ltd company. I have guaranteed a company loan and have been making €500 per month repayments for 3 years, paid from my PAYE Salary.
    Can anyone think of any way to get some kind of tax relief on this. I have now repaid €18k of a €40k loan and as you can imagine its quite painful!
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Alan Shore

BazD wrote: »
    Hi, I am the only involved director in a non-trading ltd company. I have guaranteed a company loan and have been making €500 per month repayments for 3 years, paid from my PAYE Salary.
    Can anyone think of any way to get some kind of tax relief on this. I have now repaid €18k of a €40k loan and as you can imagine its quite painful!
    thanks

Can you clarify what you mean by non trading.

You guaranteed a loan, has the bank called in the guarantee? or did you take out the loan in your own name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BazD

Hi Alan,

The company never actually traded, it was set up and registered etc 3 years ago but never got off the ground. It is still a live ltd company as far CRO and Revenue Commissioners are concerned but no revenue is being generated.

As regards the loan. It is a loan from AIB to the company, with me as guarantor. The bank are not calling in the guarantee, as I have been making the monthly payments without a problem. I just wonder if maybe there is some tax relief. I work a PAYE job and use my salary to make the repayments, so I wonder if I can get some tax relief on those repayments?

I hope this makes it more clear?

Cheers

Baz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

fraid not---but where did the money advanced to the company go?

really the company owes you for all repayments you have made

Advertisement