Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penneys Christmas Ad!!!!! OMG

Options
  • 15-12-2011 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

This deserves a thread of its own i think!! :D:D:D

Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/PenneysIreland?sk=app_203216483093276

Hope that link works, if not, just go to the Penneys facebook page, and its there!!

I think there was another ad, with the faster music thats on the radio ad, but this is better than nothing!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

OH MY GOD

this is the cutest thing ever <3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

You've made my day!! Just shared it on Facebook!!:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Brought me right back to my childhood with that!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

Cherrycola was just coming on to add that link :D

Am i right in thinking though there was a faster version of this jingle too??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cherrycola was just coming on to add that link :D

Am i right in thinking though there was a faster version of this jingle too??

Ya that's what I was expecting when I put it on first! The one with the elves and Santa's workshop has the fast jingle - remember that? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's not the jingle I remember, ah well.
    Is there nowhere at all to find the original ad?! :(

Posy wrote: »
    That's not the jingle I remember, ah well.
    Is there nowhere at all to find the original ad?! :(

That's the one I want too. Never liked the animated version when it was out. I even contemplated writing to Penneys/Primark in an attempt to source it but never did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

OMG.......It's not the right one.
    That one sounds like the singer is on Ketamine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

You can hear a tiny snippet of the fast version that I remember here from about 10 seconds in. It's recorded from Northern Irish radio, so it's 'Primark' not 'Penneys' I'm afraid!

Does anyone have old VHS tapes of Christmas stuff that might have the original advert on it!? I bet I had it but did a complete video-tape clear out a few years back. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement