Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clans on Free For All

Options
  • 15-12-2011 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Can some one please answer me a question without any aggro. Why on free for all do people join the game when there are two or three of them from the same clan? Why do they not just go to team Deathmatch.

Surely the point of being in a clan is to win as a team?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

boosting

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

On some maps, a well organized clan can lock down all spawn points and kill everyone else who spans. Agin and again and again. Boosting is sooooo like 2010. I hereby refer to it, not as "camping", but as "clanping"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah, think it was Shammy who got caught by a clan in a FFA recently. Instakilled about 5 times.
    Pity there's not an option to hand out these 5000 day temporary COD bans in the options menu, although I suppose it would kinda get abused.

Are there still moderators playing the games that do have the ability to ban people in game?

I remember it happened a few times on MW2 XBL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

No was just jkn. Someone said to me yesterday Activision had banned some people from COD for 5000 days. One guy was allegedly bemoaning the fact he was in day 2 of his "temporary" ban and couldn't play a COD title again until 2025.

Saw something about it on the internet but hadn't really looked into it. Presumably you just set up a new account to get round it anyway.

• Advertisement

Console is banned too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Woorist

glad its not just me that gets annoyed about it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Woorist

glad its not just me that gets annoyed about it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭badgerbaiter

used to hate in mw2 free for all when 2 people would hide in the corner wit tac insertion and take turns killing each other to get a nuke :-\

Advertisement