Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

olbas/vicks

Options
  • 15-12-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

is it safe to use olbas oil or vicks rub when pregnant? I can find a straight yes or know on either site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

is it safe to use olbas oil or vicks rub when pregnant? I can find a straight yes or know on either site?

Chemist gave my sister olbas oil when she was pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Dovies wrote: »

Chemist gave my sister olbas oil when she was pregnant.

Eucylyptas oil in these products can stimulate contractions so are ok in last few weeks but not before as far as my understanding is. This is not medical advise but it's what my pharmacist told me - maybe check with yours or your doc?
    Some essential oils have this stimulative effect - others are fine - but I know eucalypts is on a list that does!

Want to add there's products with saline only in them that are 100% safe to use - I finding them great - for example neilmed sinus rinse and sterimar nasal spray!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

dublinlady wrote: »
    Want to add there's products with saline only in them that are 100% safe to use - I finding them great - for example neilmed sinus rinse and sterimar nasal spray!

I used that sterimar nasal spray. found it good, even tho it made me puke cuz i swallowed the stuff that went down the back of my throat. But i feel it more in my chest than my head, and before i got pregnant i would use olbas oil all over for aches and pains and found it great.

I will give my chemist a buzz tho, just to be sure

It does taste rank.... :)
    If your chest bad the best thing you can do to being up phlegm is plain steam inhalation - literally a basin of hot (careful not too hot!) water and a towel over your head for 20mins 2-3 times a day - better than most cough bottles whether pregnant or not!! Loosens it all up and helps it to come out and so prevent infection! Always works a treat for me! Only downside is its time consuming!! But also very good for your skin on face - opens and clears the pores!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

excellent, thanks dublinlady, so ill be phlegm free and glowing :D what a delightful way to spend a thursday evening haha thanks for that, ill give it a whirl :D

excellent, thanks dublinlady, so ill be phlegm free and glowing :D what a delightful way to spend a thursday evening haha thanks for that, ill give it a whirl :D

Tou'll actually have that 'pregnancy Glow' I've been hoping for over the last 30 weeks!!
    Hehe!
    Hope ya feel better soon!

Advertisement