Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the fecking parents inlaw...

Options
  • 15-12-2011 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

what is anyone getting their parents inlaw for christmas? whats an acceptable amount to spend without looking like a tight wad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Spend what you can afford to spend.

It's not about how much you spend, the value of the gift etc, it's the thought that counts.

Do they have any photos they'd like to get framed? Maybe you could get them a nice photo frame for the photo, or have the pic blown up and then framed? Maybe a voucher for a night/day away/restaurant somewhere?

Maybe they'd like something for the house, an ornament, cookware/bake ware etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

rothai wrote: »
    what is anyone getting their parents inlaw for christmas? whats an acceptable amount to spend without looking like a tight wad?

She's not my mother in law but bought her a bottle of wine, milk tray and a carraig don candle thingy, all in all about 30 quid i think.

Think myself thats plenty... have no idea what to get for the missus's father though! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

I have done a food hamper for mine, about the same spend really of 30 euro, they are very hard to buy for and have found over the years this is the easiest option!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭rothai

piskins72 wrote: »
    I have done a food hamper for mine, about the same spend really of 30 euro, they are very hard to buy for and have found over the years this is the easiest option!

i've done that before too, it is a great idea.
    thanks for the help everyone

Advertisement