Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola xoom 2 - Carphonewarehouse Ireland

Options
  • 15-12-2011 11:24am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4

I have a question regarding Motorola Xoom 2 sold at Carphonewarehouse Ireland.

It mentioned about 399 euros for the 8.2' version (without mentioning the "media edition" words) in the brochure.

Does carphonewarehouse Ireland sell the 10.1' version?

Carphonewarehouse UK is selling both the Xoom 2 10.1' version for 379.99 pounds only; the 8.2' version for 329.99 pounds.

Another point is does Xoom 2 sold at Ireland has any micro SD slot available?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

No microSD on 8.2 inch.
    Cant understand why they dont have a micro sd slot on tablets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

pabloh999 wrote: »
    No microSD on 8.2 inch.
    Cant understand why they dont have a micro sd slot on tablets?

It's ridiculous, especially given that the first Xoom had an sd slot.

No sd slot and only 16gb to choose from..and it's in the iPad price bracket...I was holding out for one but not anymore.

Looks like it'll be the iPad 3 for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Looks like it'll be the iPad 3 for me.

Sure, go for a whole different OS with a tablet that probably won't have a micro SD slot either.
    :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Sure, go for a whole different OS with a tablet that probably won't have a micro SD slot either.
    :D

Yeah and will be the usual over priced joke. It will be full of limitations due to Apple and their control freakery!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

If this had a microSD slot i would have bought one.
    Wheres the logic in not including it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

djrichard wrote: »
    Yeah and will be the usual over priced joke. It will be full of limitations due to Apple and their control freakery!

This is just lazy criticism, how do you reckon it is over priced? iPad has comparable spec and performance AND better battery life, more apps for the same money as any comparable android tablet. The iPad may be many things and is far from perfect, but overpriced is defiantly not one of those things.

No SD card it is true, but I don't see this as much of an issue. My tablet has a few unwatched TV shows and Movies from my library, no songs, a selection of photos and apps. The constant cloud connection allows access to any other data I might want/need.
    How much data do you actually keep on a tablet, do you need the space, what would you use it for? If you really wanted a Xoom, the presence, or lack, of an SD card makes next to no difference. There are solutions for this issue, they are just different to old/legacy/conventional solutions.

Advertisement