Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dishwasher not emptying after cycle?

Options
  • 15-12-2011 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

HI all,
    dishwasher at home isnt emptying out the water after a wash cycle... when we put it on a rinse it clears out the water thta gets left from any of the warm wash cycles. Has anyone any ideas on what the problem may be? also anyone recomend someone in the d15 area that could repair it for a fee that isnt extortionate(?)
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

How often do you do a hot empty wash?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

we would use it every day to be honest, and we found that the warmest cycle setting did the best cleaning job.

That doesn't really answer my question. An empty wash at the hottest setting without dishes and with a washing tab or powder?

apologies, havent done one whatso ever... maybe thats the first port of call?

We had the same problem. The plumber replaced the pipes and told us to do an empty wash every 8-10 washes as otherwise the pipes get clogged up with gunk. You could try a few empty washes yourself now and it doesn't solve your problem, call a plumber.

• Advertisement

hi, tried that empty warm cycle and it didnt work unfortunately.... now its stoping halfway through the cycle and making a beeping noise.
    so can anyone recomend a decent/reasonable handyman to have a look in D15 area?
    thanks

hi all, spent a large part of sunday at the sink after a dinner party and am wondering if there are any recommendations on anyone who could have a look at this dishwasher? at a reasonable call out charge as well... got quoted 80euro for a call out which seems a bit expensive, a brand new dishwasher is in or around twice that

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭galway1973

what is make and model of dishwasher?
    is it heating water during cycle?

hi
    Its a candy CDI 1012. I do not think the water is heating during a cycle. As i say it does not complete a cycle and will continuously beep with the LED of the chosen cycle flashing when it 'gets stuck'. The water remains in the bottom of the machine, but when i turn it off and then on again and use the 'rinse cycle' it will empty the water out and complete this cycle. We had a lad look at it but I have to say he came across as though he couldnt have been arsed doing any un depth checks and told us it was fecked and we need a new machine... 35euro that bit of advice cost us:mad:
    any help would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭galway1973

if it does not reach the temperature with in a specified time it will stop.
    it sounds like the element or temp sensor maybe the problem but the pcb also gives a problem on these.time for a appliance tech with a no fix no fee .

• Advertisement

cheers for the advice. Can anyone recommend a technician in dublin/meath area that works on a no fix no fee policy?

Advertisement