Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a poker league

Options
  • 15-12-2011 12:23am

Hi.

Wanted to set up a poker league for our weekly poker tournament. There are usually between 12 and 16 of us playing. We play a two table sit and go with 8 max per table. I was thinking of points for the top 5. I also think there should be a large gap in points between 1st and 2nd because we play a deepstack tournament ( 250BBs) I think getting to 2nd is way easier than going on to win it.

Does anyone here play in a league and what points system do they use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

pokerstars thats how i roll..what poker site you play on

pokerstars thats how i roll..what poker site you play on

I play pokerstars too. This is a live game we play at each others house's though

I play pokerstars too. This is a live game we play at each others house's though

oh right , when i play at a mates houses we each cash a 50euro note and use the 2euro coins as chips..

oh right , when i play at a mates houses we each cash a 50euro note and use the 2euro coins as chips..

We play a tournament with an entry fee. 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th take a certain percentage. What im looking for is a points system based on our placings in the 50 tournaments through out the year so we can have an overall winner

We play a tournament with an entry fee. 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th take a certain percentage. What im looking for is a points system based on our placings in the 50 tournaments through out the year so we can have an overall winner

sorry pal but your going to have to explaine it to me like a child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

They way we do it everyone that shows up gets one point. Everyone that makes the final table gets three points. Then third place gets 4 points, second place gets 5 points and first place gets 6 points. Then compile a database of every week. Then you can do double points some random weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Being running pub leagues for a good few years now and the points system we have used for the last few league is a follows. 1st - 20pts, 2nd - 15, 3rd -12, 10,9,8,7,6,5. 10th - 4, 11-14th - 3, 15-18th - 2, 19th+ - 1. Points are then multiplied by number of entrants as winning a 22 man tourney should be worth more than winning a 14 man tourney for example. Top ten qualify for league final with chips based on final points tally + final position.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

The two lads have explained it well.

Whats the end of season prize?

The two lads have explained it well.

Whats the end of season prize?

Yes thanks to the two lads for there points systems. Our weekly entry fee is €10. I was thinking if everyone paid €1 per week or €50 euro total towards the league we would have min €600 and max €700. We definately have 12 regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

Good luck, I wouldn't bother with it for my weekly game because its more about the booze and the banter with that group but the leagues are a great way to get a regular turnout.

• Advertisement
Advertisement