Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Digital Marketing Experience

Options
  • 14-12-2011 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Help!

Had posted this in Tech, but nada. I have a marketing background but the sectors i worked in were not using digital marketing/social media. I am currently looking for a job and anything that i am interested in is asking for experience in this area. Do I invest in a course or what is the best route to take?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Doing a course would be advantageous. Alongside it ask a few charities if you can look after some of their digital media presence to get practical experience. Spend a bit of time improving their Facebook, Twitter presence and getting numbers up. Try to improve their SEO with the knowledge gained on the course. Some charities even run pay-per-click campaigns for funding. After 6 months of this you should have some good experience that employers will find valuable and will make you stand out from someone who has no digital marketing experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭JG1

Thanks for that. There are a few courses - someone suggested the Digital Marketing Institute. It's about £1500 - steep-ski but I guess I have to start somewhere....

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

JG1 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. There are a few courses - someone suggested the Digital Marketing Institute. It's about £1500 - steep-ski but I guess I have to start somewhere....

I have heard good things about the Digital marketing Institute but if you're going to pay I would shop around.

Also, look into the likes of Google AdWords for SEO. There are loads of books and tutorials and getting some hands on experience is really good. Having knowledge of the mechanics of SEO as opposed to just using social media for marketing.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭radooo

I have done postgrad in digital marketing with DMI, let me know if interested to find out about their courses if you are considering them.

Advertisement