Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seafield Golf Course worthwhile?

Options
  • 14-12-2011 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, Im going down to the Gorey area for the weekend, just wondering what Seafield is like. I heard the layout is not great in parts but the course condition (greens, fairways etc. are really excellent).
    I played Courtown and Bunclody once before but wasnt great, looked great but played fairly average and over priced after that.
    Anyway if anyone has played there before, can they recommend it or not.
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Courtown is so much better than Seafield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

chazbar wrote: »
    Hi, Im going down to the Gorey area for the weekend, just wondering what Seafield is like. I heard the layout is not great in parts but the course condition (greens, fairways etc. are really excellent).
    I played Courtown and Bunclody once before but wasnt great, looked great but played fairly average and over priced after that.
    Anyway if anyone has played there before, can they recommend it or not.
    Thanks

Seafield gets a fair amount of stick on here but I really like playing it and I think its a lovely course. Tough in places and forgiving in others. Worth a visit in my judgement.

the lawman wrote: »
    Seafield gets a fair amount of stick on here but I really like playing it and I think its a lovely course. Tough in places and forgiving in others. Worth a visit in my judgement.

Lawman, you cant be serious. If OP found Bunclody average he will think Seafield is a step up from Good Counsel P&P!!!!

thegen wrote: »
    Lawman, you cant be serious. If OP found Bunclody average he will think Seafield is a step up from Good Counsel P&P!!!!

Knew I'd get in for that post!!!

I've never played Bunclody so I can only give my honest feelings on Seafield. It could be an emotional connection I have with Seafield as its one of the first courses I ever played but I love it.

PS Good Counsel is a step above everything. That place is heaven on earth.

Knew I'd get in for that post!!!

I've never played Bunclody so I can only give my honest feelings on Seafield. It could be an emotional connection I have with Seafield as its one of the first courses I ever played but I love it.

PS Good Counsel is a step above everything. That place is heaven on earth.

You did hear Bro Andrew passed away a while back?

• Advertisement

You did hear Bro Andrew passed away a while back?

I heard that alright. Terrible news really was a nice man who loved that place.

Did you hear how it happened? Who's running it now is it Boyler?

I heard that alright. Terrible news really was a nice man who loved that place.

Did you hear how it happened? Who's running it now is it Boyler?

Hadnt heard but I assume he is. I'll ask Laugher when I see him.

Hadnt heard but I assume he is. I'll ask Laugher when I see him.

Not sure who that is but cheers for that.

Not sure who that is but cheers for that.

Mick Doyle = Laugher.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 chazbar

Thanks for the replies, hopefully I will get a chance to hit both Seafield and Courtown, the last time I was in Bunclody I was disappointed, no doubt its a great looking course but for me it didnt play well, course wasnt in good nick and quite expensive so I wont be returning for awhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 chazbar

Managed to get out on Saturday morning in Seafield, frost had delayed things a little, but it was worth the wait. Got a great deal on the price, course was only a little wet in places, mainly in the rough though. If I wanted to be critical I would say that the hotel is badly placed being so close to the 4th and the 16th is not good considering you have to hit over a fenced area but on the other hand it did not not really affect my shots. Apart from that there was some very nice holes, great greens and was very enjoyable. At the end of the day this is a resort style course probably best suited to intermediate and casual golfers.

Advertisement