Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man-eating snakes

Options
  • 14-12-2011 7:34pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Always a hot topic isn´t it? :D

I found this article recently- it seems that pythons eating people is nothing new for the Negrito people in Philippines:

http://news.mongabay.com/2011/1213-hance_pythons_luzon.html

Of course, they are relatively small people who spend lots of time in the jungle, and reticulated pythons get huge in Philippines!

python.killed.568.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,645 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I suppose to a large snake we're just another big monkey;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭Quandary

Birdnuts wrote: »
    I suppose to a large snake we're just another big monkey;)

we're probably nicer to swallow too without all that pesky hair making em gag!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

First thing to cross my mind..

anaconda-1.jpg&sa=X&ei=EozqTpPWLcO6hAesjv2YCA&ved=0CBAQ8wc4CA&usg=AFQjCNGIIKaKNqmAVmaxe1bthg5Cp7nWJg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Fair play to the woman she has no fear what so ever considering the size of this behemoth

http://youtu.be/W3ufu9E3SQw

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Fear or not fear, with snakes that size there's always the very real possibility of an unexpected attack D:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Fear or not fear, with snakes that size there's always the very real possibility of an unexpected attack D:

And considering the woman's size I highly doubt shed survive.
    The size of the snake would defiantly be able to swallow her whole.
    Be easy enough to get past her shoulders.
    When she holds the snake up its head is just as big as hers

Advertisement