Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Soup for Christmass

Options
  • 14-12-2011 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Few of my colleges and myself thought to cook a big pot of soup and give a portion for the people in need on Christmas evening.
    Since we all staying away from our families due to work ,we thought this gesture would definitely bring us closer to spirit of Christmas.
    We have a car, 4 volunteers , and goodwill . A the moment i am facing a bit of difficulties , to organize some containers to keep the soup hot during transportation .
    Could you give some ideas where could i get such a pot ( i was thinking some electric heated pot) , but only for a 1 time use .

Thank You !

( i am not sure ,but i hope its not against the law to give food for free to these people , or do i have to seek for more information ? health and safety protocols or something else.
    I would not like to spend my Christmas eve in the jail :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I would have thought that any food given out to those in need would have to be cooked and prepared in a HSE registered kitchen due to health and safety etc., I could be wrong though.

I would contact this crowd http://www.volunteer.ie/ and see what they say.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

You could find out if the Simon Community or Focus Ireland are looking for volunteers for Christmas evening if it ends up you can't make the soup yourself..

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ocli64

You could use soup from a packet and then bring hot water in flasks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭yoshx

Posy wrote: »
    You could find out if the Simon Community or Focus Ireland are looking for volunteers for Christmas evening if it ends up you can't make the soup yourself..

Thank You very much ! I will contact with them !!!

Great idea , but i would rather cook myself :) i guess we gonna end up one of above mentioned charity as volunteers . Thank You !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

No-ones going to stop you giving home made soup to the homeless.

Fair play to you. Great idea, especially in this cold weather.

That is what I hope, but if there is a law i can not do against it , I don't have any place with HSE license.
    And i am still don't know where could I get such a container to keep the soup hot :(
    I just sent a mail to focusireland hopefully they could use our help.

Advertisement