Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year's Resolutions

Options
  • 14-12-2011 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

I have a life long tradition of making 'em and breaking 'em. If I record them here, would there be any chance of my keeping 'em this year? So far I can only think of two:

1. Stop wasting time on the internet
    2. Make better use of my time on the internet

What are yours?
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭golden virginia

I make the same resolution every new year - feel the sun on my face!
    Summer 2012 - I love you!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I never make them.
    This avoids future guilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Go to more Shamrock Rovers matches with my son

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I never make them.
    This avoids future guilt.

As a sweet innocent young man, I never feel guilt. But just to make sure I only have one resolution.

Do Not Make New Year Resolutions!

So far I haven't broken it in years :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

All the best Muffler, you'll be so much richer, health and money, etc. Don't know if you want to keep us updated here though, it may pile on the pressure but at some stage in 2012 if you wanna share your journey. Rock on Muff!!

For me, it's chaaaawklet, oooooh damn Mr. Cadbury for inventing something sooooooo mmmmmmmm. Anyhoo, as well as my internet resolutions I'd like to lose a stone in weight, been trying for the last year, and lost and gained a few pounds here and there but still back where I started. (Writes in diary.)............."must try harder".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

tbh i have a good few, havent made/wanted to make resolutions in a few years, but this year, so far theyre

no more taking crap from people, saying nothing, then knowing what i should have said/done after the situation.

make this year the year of me

fresh start and newness

exercise more, really yeah lol, cliched i know

travel to the places ive wanted to for ages,
    LA, amsterdam, vegas

try not to think too much

move on and lighten up again

to name some :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

As the smoking issue has taken over this thread I've moved all smoking related posts to a new thread. If you intend to quit smoking as a new years resolution then by all means let us know. If you want to write a whole history of your experiences of giving up and to offer encouragment/discouragment to others then please post in the Smoking/Non smoking thread.
    :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Ok.....so now I'm up to a total of three New Year Resolutions,

1. Stop wasting time on the internet :rolleyes:
    2. Make better use of my time on the internet ;)
    3. Lose a stone in weight :rolleyes:

and now I'm adding two more little challenges to myself:

4. Sell something on Ebay (already collecting stuff together) :rolleyes:
    5. Get that blog started (got the Dummies book to read plus some outside advice already lined up to assist me elsewhere on Boards) :eek:

Maybe I should stop at 5............maybe it's 5 too many!

I notice some of us here are talking about giving stuff up, but this is only NY Resolutions, not Lent. Someone else can start that one when the time comes.

I'm going to try doing a 365 photography project. To take a photograph every day for a year.
    Sounds easy enough eh? :o

OldGoat wrote: »
    I'm going to try doing a 365 photography project. To take a photograph every day for a year.
    Sounds easy enough eh? :o

Brilliant idea! Do you mean photograph something different every day or the same thing? I once read about a very proud dad who on the birth of his first baby girl resolved to take a photo of her face every day of her life for as long as he lived! I never found out how he got on.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of using an apple tree in my garden as the subject. Watching it change over the year will be interesting enough and the majority of my shots will be of that. I'll faff around with some macro shots, some weird lighting experiments during the winter months, perhaps some long exposure expirments of the night sky through the branches, some nature photography of birds at the feeder...hopefully I'll find enough to keep me amused.

What a wonderful idea! Maybe you will pop 'em up on Flickr or Photobucket - I'd be interested in seeing the photos.

There are a few people over in the photography forum doing this and posting the photos there or in flickr/pix.ie. I'll give it a month or two before I post anything, just to see if I have the will to carry it through. :o

There are a few people over in the photography forum doing this and posting the photos there or in flickr/pix.ie. I'll give it a month or two before I post anything, just to see if I have the will to carry it through. :o

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Brilliant idea! Do you mean photograph something different every day or the same thing? I once read about a very proud dad who on the birth of his first baby girl resolved to take a photo of her face every day of her life for as long as he lived! I never found out how he got on.

I can just imagine...13 years on....daaaaad, you're wierd, I don't want any more photos taken, my hair is a mess and I have a spot!

looksee wrote: »
    I can just imagine...13 years on....daaaaad, you're wierd, I don't want any more photos taken, my hair is a mess and I have a spot!

And can't you imagine the forlorn look on daddy's face after 13 years of compulsive photography! :eek:

Sounds easy enough eh?
    I was reminded of this thread yesterday (thanks for that Kiva) and now I guess I should admit to FAILure.
    I got as far as Day 14. :o

On the otherhand I'm still off the drink. :cool:

Anyone else got any updates?

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    1. Stop wasting time on the internet
    2. Make better use of my time on the internet
    :D

These were my resolutions above. I have to say I have reduced some time on the internet, but I doubt if the time I do spend online is of any better quality, so at the moment, complete failure I'm afraid, but am still trying! God loves a trier, doesn't He?

Well done OG being still booze-less!

Anyone want to add anything here for New Year Resolutions for 2013? Ho hum, I failed miserably with my 2012 resolutions, although I did lose some weight :) I need to lose a bit more. I have a few more ideas for 2013 but probably just a waste of time even trying! :(

Advertisement