Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willing to pay for training courses

Options
  • 14-12-2011 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Having no luck getting FAS Courses so I'm willing to do a training course that I have to pay a fee for to make me more employable. Any ideas? I live in Ennis. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭RedXIV

oasischick wrote: »
    Having no luck getting FAS Courses so I'm willing to do a training course that I have to pay a fee for to make me more employable. Any ideas? :)

What do you want to work as?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 oasischick

RedXIV wrote: »
    What do you want to work as?

Hi there, RedXIV. Preferably something with computers.

Would you like to:
    • Program
    • test
    • administrate
    • network
    • or something that merely involves the use of computers?

This will help give us a better idea of what courses would suit you :D

Any of the top 4 would do me. Option 5 implies something babyish like learning how to use a computer so no to that. ;)

Excellent. Are you willing to travel for this course? Have you the facilities/discipline for an online course?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm willing to travel. :) No to the online courses though - really need to get out of the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

If I was you I would do a course with name recognition.

For example, I have a Stanford qualification (computer science related) on my CV and it makes me stand out from the crowd.

All the top universities have online courses. They are expensive though.

Also check out the O'Reilly School of Technology courses (or whatever it's called now).

But the best way to learn computer stuff is by reading and messing around. The best programmer I know never did computing in college, and is a first year drop out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

If I was you I would do a course with name recognition.

For example, I have a Stanford qualification (computer science related) on my CV and it makes me stand out from the crowd.

All the top universities have online courses. They are expensive though.

Also check out the O'Reilly School of Technology courses (or whatever it's called now).

But the best way to learn computer stuff is by reading and messing around. The best programmer I know never did computing in college, and is a first year drop out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ladyjady

oasischick wrote: »
    Having no luck getting FAS Courses so I'm willing to do a training course that I have to pay a fee for to make me more employable. Any ideas? I live in Ennis. :)

pitman training courses, they can be a bit pricey though, but apparently well worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,796 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you can't get into other FAS courses, why not check out their www.ecollege.ie ?

• Advertisement

JustMary wrote: »
    If you can't get into other FAS courses, why not check out their www.ecollege.ie ?

Because I need to get out of the house.

Advertisement