Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fonemenders an O2

Options
  • 14-12-2011 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have come across a few threads about fonemenders in relation to 3 but was wondering if anyone has dealt with them and O2. Here's what happened:
    I have an iphone 4 about 7 months old. The phone speaker stopped working (couldn't hear anyone talk when they or I rang) brought it to the local O2 store that I bought it in, worker said no problem we'll send it away it'll be fixed and back in about a week. Today I heard that some how there was water damage to the phone, not covered by warranty and it's €150 to fix, now not saying the phone never got wet but I can't ever remember it happening. So anyway I choose not to have it fixed and have asked for it back. Checked out fonemenders with apple and apparently they aren't authorised to repair apple products so if they have opened the phone (which I'm pretty sure they have) I now have lost my 1 year apple warranty. Called O2 customer support to see where I stand on this and they said its unusual for the shop to sent a apple phone that's still in warranty to fonemenders so the manager of the store will have to explain why it happened. Basically now just wondering where I stand, surely O2 shouldn't have sent the phone to an unauthorised repair centre? Has this happened anyone before? How did it turn out? Any advise is very welcome!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Your thread title makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭McGaz23

naasrd wrote: »
    Your thread title makes no sense.

Sorry should read "fonemenders and O2"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I know it's probably too late now, but always go direct to Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

McGaz23 wrote: »
    Called O2 customer support to see where I stand on this and they said its unusual for the shop to sent a apple phone that's still in warranty to fonemenders so the manager of the store will have to explain why it happened.

This. get an explanation from the manager.

This. get an explanation from the manager.

Harder said than done I'm afraid, manager says correct procedure is to go to this company even though O2 C.S. says it should have gone to apple, rock and a hard place!

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »
    I know it's probably too late now, but always go direct to Apple.

I know it would have saved a headache! I just thought (wrongly) that The shop would be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

did the manager say they sent it to fonemenders, the op isn't clear on it

guil wrote: »
    did the manager say they sent it to fonemenders, the op isn't clear on it

Sorry about it not being clear, I was only told today that it had been sent to fonemenders. And only then I checked with apple and found out that if they opened it I will lose my warranty with them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I'd get the phone back, send it to apple, when/if apple say its been open and your warranty is void I'd bring it back into o2 and ask for them to repair it FOC as they void the warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I'd get the phone back, send it to apple, when/if apple say its been open and your warranty is void I'd bring it back into o2 and ask for them to repair it FOC as they void the warranty

And get it in writing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement