Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Consultants visit?

Options
  • 14-12-2011 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I have my 1st consultants visit in the coombe on Friday, but I'm not really sure what happens... I already had my 1st Midwifes appointment and they took all my medical details and bloods, then had my scan 2 weeks after that..Just want to know what to expect

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

a.man wrote: »
    I have my 1st consultants visit in the coombe on Friday, but I'm not really sure what happens... I already had my 1st Midwifes appointment and they took all my medical details and bloods, then had my scan 2 weeks after that..Just want to know what to expect

I'm not in coombe I'm in Holles st but from my experience so long as all is well don't expect much!!!! Literally quick blood pressure check - quick look at the baby (in Holles st thru ultrasound but ya don't really get to see anything as its so quick and so small a screen) they ask if ya feeling well and then your out the door before ya know ya even went in!!
    If there was something wrong or you had any problems they'd obviously spend longer etc but when all ok it's literally - in - quick check - out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Blood pressure, urine and weight will be checked at each visit by the midwives and they'll you be called to see the consultant and he'll palpate your stomach to check position and size etc, ask how you're feeling, discuss any concerns with you and if they have a scanner in the room usually a quick little scan, I got one on every visit...

Advertisement