Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Forum - Boards Beers!

Options
  • 14-12-2011 2:49pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Poll to decide the date now included. Pick all dates that suit,then the that works best for most will win out.

The venue is not set in stone, but there have been no suggestions other than Karma. Discuss on thread if you have a different suggestion, and if needs be I'll throw up a different poll once the date is decided

Hey Everyone,

Following on from a suggestion in the Forum Improvements thread to get more of a community going, I'm gonna see that were I to arrange a boards beers for the DIT forum, first of all, who would come, secondly, where should we have it and thirdly, when should we have it.

So post here saying if you would like to come and where and when you'd like it to be on.

I'm gonna suggest Karma, it's really handy for Aungier and Kevin Street Students, and has good bus links for everyone else (9, 16, 16a, 83, 68?, 122) and it's close to the LUAS Green Line and all the busses round Stephens Green. As for a date, I'm not really fussed to be honest, so I'll let others post up suggestions for that.

Thanks everyone, hope loads of ye will come!

Date for the DIT Forum Boards Beers 17 votes

Monday 19th
    0% 0 votes
    Tuesday 20th
    17% 3 votes
    Wednesday 21st
    11% 2 votes
    Thursday 22nd
    29% 5 votes
    Friday 23rd
    41% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

The 27 goes up the malahide road (handy for a lot of northsiders) and leaves you just at bishop street cross so its only literally 4 minutes away from Karma.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Yeah I'd defo be on for that! If you give me enough notice I can sort of a few free platters of food for us as well.

I might pop in for one or two but I'd be ridiculously nervous..

Its just the whole not knowing who people are.

I have a feeling I know who Voltwad is though

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I might pop in for one or two but I'd be ridiculously nervous..

Its just the whole not knowing who people are.

I have a feeling I know who Voltwad is though
    Ah you'll be grand, we're all very friendly! Well, i am at least!

Voltwad wrote: »
    Yeah I'd defo be on for that! If you give me enough notice I can sort of a few free platters of food for us as well.
    Sweet! You're my new favourite poster!

• Advertisement

It's hard to get me to shut up once I start talking....also drink makes me even more yappier.:p

It's hard to get me to shut up once I start talking....also drink makes me even more yappier.:p

You'll fit in grand so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭overshoot

hmm your probably a month early with this. some of us are finally getting to escape dublin:D. end of january maybe?

overshoot wrote: »
    hmm your probably a month early with this. some of us are finally getting to escape dublin:D. end of january maybe?
    I never even thought of that. When i open up a thread to decide on a venue date I'll mention it for people to keep it in mind. Might not be any harm to have it later rather than sooner anyway, to make sure everyone has enough notice

True and people will be less tied up with festive stuff in january!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

I'd be up for this, I don't know any of you or anything, but I'll tag along :)

Mo14 wrote: »
    I'd be up for this, I don't know any of you or anything, but I'll tag along :)

Thats how you get to know people.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Thats how you get to know people.

:)

Haha, very true I suppose :D

How about the week before classes start? Exams will be over too.

handiest thing is stick up a poll with a few dates. then another with a few venues-or starter pub and we can decide on the night;)

Voltwad wrote: »
    How about the week before classes start? Exams will be over too.
    That sounds perfect.

What night would suit people best?
    Any night except weds works for me, that's a night that I can't get off work!

Tuesdays are good for club nights like The Lost Society. Maybe the 25th Jan or the week after that.

overshoot wrote: »
    handiest thing is stick up a poll with a few dates. then another with a few venues-or starter pub and we can decide on the night;)
    I missed this post. I think Karma works for everyone, and voltwad can get us nibbles there!

I'm on the mobile at the moment, but I'll throw up a poll on which day when i get on to the laptop.

Please read the Mod note in Post #1 if you haven't already.

Ta very much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I know I'm not technically a student here yet but could I tag along? Start to learn faces and all that :)

• Advertisement

I know I'm not technically a student here yet but could I tag along? Start to learn faces and all that :)
    Of course, more the merrier!

Actually, as an update to this, I've been snowed under lately with exams and study and whatnot, so I haven't had a chance to do any organising for this. It will happen tho, more than likely in mid Feb is say, provided that works for everyone.

Keep an eye on this thread for more updates as and when I have em for ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Woah woah woah, you're transferring here, Squishy? *waves* I'm in the middle of my masters here! Oh, btw, I know you from the Maynooth forum which is my Alma Mater ;)

Woah woah woah, you're transferring here, Squishy? *waves* I'm in the middle of my masters here! Oh, btw, I know you from the Maynooth forum which is my Alma Mater ;)

I am indeed :-P I know who you are, by reputation :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

Friday 24th February is a good date... I know a fair few people from DIT Kevin St could be heading out that night starting in the good aul Karmastone bar and then moving on to somewhere else! Could be a good day for the boards beers! =D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

AGHH! That doesn't sound good! If you fancy a going out buddy, you PM me, y'hear?!

AGHH! That doesn't sound good! If you fancy a going out buddy, you PM me, y'hear?!

Only good things ;) and totally :D

so did this ever happen...

No. My fault really. I never really followed through on it. I was always working or doing something or going somewhere and it just never really happened.

I will try organise something, but when is a different story!

If someone else would like to take the lead and organise it, feel free!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Started at the top of the thread thinking I missed it, but I would be interested, don't post too often but what the heck.

• Advertisement

how about we just pick a pub and week (then run a poll with days) and go and get locked... bugger organising food and the effort...
    so stick with karma and the week after paddys? (i think its review week before it... and iv a massive hand up)
    alternatives? (might throw in a quieter start pub and move on at 12 or so... stags head to the globe isnt a bad night... cept for the wallet)

Advertisement