Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommendations for a good old Jaguar mechanic

Options
  • 14-12-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for a mechanic in Dublin who has experience with old jags. I have a 97 XJ6 and it is making serious belt and/or pulley noises (i think) on ignition. This is getting worse in the cold weather. I've already had the idler pulley replaced by a mechanic but it did nothing. I would rather deal with a mechanic with experience in this problem in these cars.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Alasta Autos used to have a few older Jaguars about the place, I don't know whether they still work on them. Stanley's a bit gruff, but he's good.

I think you are just looking for a competent mechanic with a sense of pride in his work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

There is a guy in Walkinstown EX Jaguar and is operating independently now..Lenny Byrne ...If you are interested I am sure I have his number somewhere and I can PM it to you !

Advertisement