Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last minute shopper :/ Gift ideas?

Options
  • 14-12-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Yes... I am a last minute shopper! I say every year that I will organise myself and buy presents before the 24th :p

Mam & Dad: Home cinema system for newly decorated sitting room
    Brother: One piece of clothing bought for him, no idea what else to get him?! He's a Man Uth fan so thinking maybe something got to do with them.
    Boyfriend: NOTHING!!!! Proving quiet difficult to decide on something for him.. We're kind of on a budget (we're off to Aus in March so money is tight). Thinking of spending just below 200 euro. I have two ideas John Bishop DVD and Clavin Klein boxers lol. There just little stocking fillers, anybody have any suggestions for me?!?! He has an iPod, good phone, I bought him a flat screen for our room for his birthday, have dvd player, surround sound etc etc so he has nearly everything!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lippy11

MarieLyn wrote: »
    Hi lippy11,

from what you have mentioned about your boyfriend, it seems that he really likes technologies (ipod, phone, flat screen, etc.) :) try to look for a LED watch, these looks unique, and boys just love such things :)

if you are looking for something below 200euro, try http://www.gembid.co.uk/watches/, they have really good prices :)

good luck!

Thanks MarieLyn, I was actually thinking of getting him a nice watch until a friend of mine put me off buying one...... Something about it being bad luck to buy your OH a watch as it 'puts time on your relationship' :rolleyes:. Oh these superstitious people :mad:!!
    She's got me thinking now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MarieLyn

oh my :) well, if you are a superstitious person, or if your loved one is, then watch is really NOT what you need :D shoes are not either :)
    find and give something that has some strong positive meaning, for example, put two conkers inside the gift box :) it is believed that it will bring love to the one whom you are giving it :)

if you'll feel total lack of ideas maybe you'll find this link useful :)http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/understanding-men/christmas-presents-for-your-boyfriend-2011-d24420.html

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lippy11

You're very helpful Marie Lyn :)
    I think I'm going to ignore the superstition and go ahead with the watch idea :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Another alternative if you're going traveling is a lightweight suitcase with 4 wheels (or a decent backpack if that's what you're doing).

Advertisement