Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Crew Managment systems

Options
  • 14-12-2011 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help. At work we are looking for a software system to monitor and track our site workers - what they do, when they do it, who does it, how long it takes etc. And also to be able to use this to issue them workpacks, safety statements, for them to log there hours worked etc. All to be done electronically, via some mobile device, and a suitable application, which would feed back to a main server in the office. It would be so much more accurate, and cut down on so much paparwork. I know there are packages available - but dont know if they suit, or if they are any good. It would be great to hear from someone who has or is using such a system , for any recommendations or advice.

thanks,
    Jo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

It's quite possible that you would be looking at a bespoke package for what you're looking for. Certainly an 'out-of-the-box' solution may exist, but if this meets your expectations would depend greatly on both your specific requirements and your willingness to compromise on them.

As this is a mobile development board, you're less likely to find people who would know of available apps; a forum related to your industry would be a better first port of call and if you can't find any 'out-of-the-box' solution you can return here for more information on a bespoke one.

Still, either way, I would also suggest that you research the mobile devices that your site workers presently use and/or the costs involved in supplying them with some. With this you would be able to tell at least how much this will cost and if you don't find an 'out-of-the-box' solution, will allow you to use this as an input in your budget calculations when seeking estimates.

Advertisement