Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bond angles

Options
  • 14-12-2011 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭

I'm looking somequestions here and there are a few on bond angles that have me a bit confused. I'm asked to predict for example, the O-Mn-O and K-O-Mn bond angles in KMnO4, and explain my reasoning. I'm not really sure what the bond angles should look like outside of covalent bonds - can you apply VSEPR theory (I can't really see how) or is there another way to go about it?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

You can apply VSEPR theory, so just apply it to each atom that you want the geometry of, if is fairly easy for the oxygen, and slightly more complicated for the Manganese, post up what you get and I'll tell you if you are on the right track...

Advertisement