Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just noticed a small abcess/cyst thing on my dog.

Options
  • 13-12-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

My male dog was neutered last month and seemed to be fully healed, the stitches came out no problem about 2 weeks ago and you can hardly see the scar.

I'm only after noticing there that a small spot has appeared in the area where the stitches were. It looks like an ingrown hair or a largeish spot on a human. And there seems to be puss in it.

It doesn't seem to be bothering him and seems to be on its way to a head.

Anyone had this issue before? Could it be a bit of stitches left behind or some sort of infection?

Is this an issue for the vet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

If it persists then the vet but otherwise it really doesn't sound to amount to a whole heap of beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It could be a sub dermal stitch - last year when my guy had them one of them kind if worked it's way out but the vet said it was fine. This was 6 weeks after his op. I'd keep an eye on it for a few days and see if there's any changed. Maybe ring the vet as they shouldn't charge for a wound inspection - we've never been charged anyways!

Advertisement