Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

favorite childhood item?

• 13-12-2011 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

thought this would be fun :D so whats your favorite childhood item? mine was a plastic batman mask. i thought i was the cats pjs :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Bitty!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

^^ ARGH!!!:P

hmmm, I'm not sure. I loved playdough!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

My mothers dress and heels....i mean my power ranger figurines:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

A horse type stuffed animal called Mcflurfums

I still have a fondness for that horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Plastic model train set.

Choo-choo! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Had to be my toy car. It was boss. Used to go cruising round in my garden, down the road. :cool:

Red doors, yellow roof. No windows you could just lean out. It's a shame no major car companies have picked up on this classic design. I for one would certainly be buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

yore ma

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

Timmy, he was like a rag doll with big long legs but he was a dog. I literally wouldn't go anywhere without him, he had to come to school and sit on my desk. The other brats used to push him off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Had to be my toy car. It was boss. Used to go cruising round in my garden, down the road. :cool:

Red doors, yellow roof. No windows you could just lean out. It's a shame no major car companies have picked up on this classic design. I for one would certainly be buying one.

Cosy Coupe? :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

GI Joe men. Used to play with them in the Christmas tree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Sticker book and stickers, especially smellies and furries.
    Also my filofax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

My dog Cindy, for 17 years we done everything together.. She was my mate and play thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Super ted. It was a teddy that looked like any other cute teddy bear but the fur could be removed to reveal...SUPER TED!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Red doors, yellow roof. No windows you could just lean out.

*I remember you! I used to wait for you to pass by everyday. I'd have myself all dolled up and shout out 'Hey sailor, room in that car for two?'

You used to slowly reverse back up the street, crying :(

I've moved onto VW Passats now, but that little yellow and red car accompanied by it's hollow rumble always sets my heart racing!

*lies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Viewmaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

A stuffed monkey called Mickey Biafra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A little tank that could shoot matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

I had a stuffed rabbit called thumper and A2 sized Disney Princess books :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

My doll Cindy, for 17 years we done everything together.. She was my mate and play thing.
    :D:D Cheap thrill but I couldn't resist:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

IcedOut wrote: »
    yore ma

riiight,did you think of that by yourself? , very original

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

My pet chicken. I had a little cushion for it to sit on and everything. Then my brother thought it was a football and kicked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

A Palitoy Family Treehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

I loved my colouring books and my teddies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I had a walkie talkie that was like headphones with the mic at the side of your mouth, I felt like Madonna.

I also loved my Spud gun and dressing up as April from The Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A piece of charred firewood that I carved into the shape of an X-Box when languishing in the attic after being beating with the poker by my dour, tyranical parents.

One day I wept over it and as my tears touched it, it turned into a real X-Box and my parents contracted cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

My Bosco tricycle....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Ghostbuster fire station (big massive yolk) and my WWF wrestler figurines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Cosy Coupe? :D:D:D

Looked it up. Yes it was! :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00000IRTS/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_d1_g21_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1H9RB9D17KM4QAJRAXNG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

The new version cars have eyes. I had to rely on my own eyes back in the day :cool:

Feeona wrote: »
    *I remember you! I used to wait for you to pass by everyday. I'd have myself all dolled up and shout out 'Hey sailor, room in that car for two?'

You used to slowly reverse back up the street, crying :(

I wish you didn't have to bring that up on an internet forum. Just because my Dad was in the navy and him and his best mate were killed when a blimp crashed into the ship, you felt the need to mock me with sailor jibes everytime I cruised past. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Bah, can't decide which is my favourite!

My Crash Test Dummies Car which took some abuse. Had a tiny guy inside it who would bury his face into the airbag that deployed.

Still have it somewhere in the family house, airbag has rotted away though :D

Can't forget the aul Snes & Nes consoles. Still sitting in the same drawer they've been in for over 20 years, both still working fine.

Ah, and my old pedal go-kart. The right back wheel completely worn down after all of the drifting I used to do in it down steep hills :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

RichT wrote: »
    Bitty!!!

:confused:

:D

you'll need to knock the windows out obviously

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3056/2878854522_0683b2d0e7.jpg
    mikom wrote: »
    Viewmaster.

lol, they were amazing.. at the time. Jesus we are old.

Dunno if it was my favourite but this was the absolute business:

Ignition+key, gear stick, stearin wheel, milage, petrol and the driving, jesus, it was a beast!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

I had a doll that was named Catherine that my grandmother gave me the day after I was born. Had it throughout my entire childhood.

I had a massive collection of barbie dolls, clothes and accessories, a barbie camper van, her pink plane and a huge 3 level barbie house complete with pink furniture in every room.

And I got a Commodore 64 when I was about 5 which I still have in a box under my bed. It still works. I pull it out every now & then and play games on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

having hair !
    and fireworks with cheap petrol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

got to be one of these:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Penguin-Race-Game-Schylling-/120827492452?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item1c21e13864
    -an absolute classic though not sure if this is the exact one that mum/dad had got,just used it for example.
    loved the penguins going around on this,going to get one as soon as the money allows.:pac:
    ROMPA has sold em for ages except they have a totaly different connection/jack on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Had to be my BMX, it had a number plate at the front "88" and one of those pads that went on the bar below the seat, to protect your nuts should your foot slip off the pedal.
    Years of entertainment out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

When I was very young my teddy. I'd go crazy if anyone handled him roughly.

When I got older my willy. Same as above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

evil knievel wind up stunt bike,bloody brilliant
    and simon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

The-Rigger wrote: »

:D

you'll need to knock the windows out obviously

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3056/2878854522_0683b2d0e7.jpg

lol, they were amazing.. at the time. Jesus we are old.

Dunno if it was my favourite but this was the absolute business:

Ignition+key, gear stick, stearin wheel, milage, petrol and the driving, jesus, it was a beast!!

I still have this at home, and whenever it is pulled out of the wardrobe I have to have a go of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Karona wrote: »
    I still have this at home, and whenever it is pulled out of the wardrobe I have to have a go of it.

Jealous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

He-man and battle cat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figurines!! couldn't get enough of TNMT had the plastic costume to - the Michaelangelo one with swords :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

The-Rigger wrote: »

I had one too, class!

Maybe my old Raleigh Vektar bmx.

What were the little space dudes with magnets in their feet and cool spaceships?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

This purple elephant called Womble. Who in no way resembled a Womble. I got him when I was 2 and couldn't sleep without him for the next 14 odd years.

I love Womble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Womble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

tmc86 wrote: »
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figurines!! couldn't get enough of TNMT had the plastic costume to - the Michaelangelo one with swords :D

Leonardo had swords, Michelangelo had nunchucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

thought this would be fun :D so whats your favorite childhood item? mine was a plastic batman mask. i thought i was the cats pjs :)

warmed crozier

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

Jeez Rigger, that turning, turobo, dashboard was a blast from the past, forgot I had one of those.

I barely recall something I had similar to it, It was the same pretense, except it involved a plane. You had a joystick in place of a steering wheel, was a big blue thing in colour, and came with two little wings you stuck on the sides of it...cant recall for the life of me the name of it :(

Advertisement