Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to stop dog doing his business in garden?

Options
  • 13-12-2011 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Neighbours dog is constantly doing it in my garden and then digging up the grass afterwards..any ideas how to stop this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Various "keep off" sprays availiable at garden centres, pet stores etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

How does the dog get in? Maybe a fence would do the trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Electric fence! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

box the bleedin neighbour in the head???:confused:

That was a joke

Talk to the neighbour it usually sorts the problem. another usual sugestion if that fails is keep dumping it back on their door step!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

Get plastic coke (or any soft drink) bottles, fill with water and toss around your garden.

No idea what this does, but it works!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Fence it in, it's the only way neighbours who allow their dogs to wander rarely change even if you ask them nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭cottager83

am only renting so not gonna bother with fence as I know landlord wont do it, is there pellets that you can get? anybody know what they are called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

spur wrote: »
    Get plastic coke (or any soft drink) bottles, fill with water and toss around your garden.

No idea what this does, but it works!

Never worked for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

Spray the dog with a garden hose when you catch it in the act

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I once had this when in a house with open plan gardens.

I called the neighbour sounding frantic with worry and told her I had just treated the garden with weedkiller that was highly toxic to dogs and was soooooooooo worried re her dog.

Worked a treat..

But fencing is your only real defence; we take the fencing with us when we move Roll it up and off we go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Shovel it up and put on their doorstep, if they don't get the hint put it in a burning paper bag and knock on the door. (don't forget to run)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I would just shovel it straight into their letterbox. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If you are in rented accom. then get some temporary panels, you might only need half height ones, they aren't cheap but you can take them with you if you eventually move house, they don't leave damage, last a lifetime and great for emergencies. cilldara.ie or hayses modular but there are other companies as well that are doing them now. Although we have fencing neighbours dogs still poop at the end of the driveway there's so many dogs allowed to run loose no idea what dog did it but if I spot one the poo will be flung back in their direction.

Advertisement