Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Please help me find the right tyres!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Thats an insane price for them :eek: I'd say try some of your local tyre centres first, you should be able to get Kumho in that size for about 90 euro at a guess. Sometimes when you include fitting with online prices it can be more expensive, so try your local suppliers first and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

You should always match pairs on an axle. So get another (somewhere cheaper!) for the back and keep shopping for the front.

Try these?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

That seems very high. If I were you and you were willing to spend 100 +, I'd look at something like these Vredesteins from Camskill, cracking tyre. http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s16p12403/VREDESTEIN_TYRES_CAR_VREDESTEIN_ULTRAC_SESSANTA_-_225_45R17_94Y_XL_TL_

€116 a corner, and delivery cheap. Probably another €10-15 to get fitted and balanced locally but worth it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Barack Obama

Paddy001 wrote: »
    Thats an insane price for them :eek: I'd say try some of your local tyre centres first, you should be able to get Kumho in that size for about 90 euro at a guess. Sometimes when you include fitting with online prices it can be more expensive, so try your local suppliers first and go from there.

In fairness, it was a local supplier that charged me that price!!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

In fairness, it was a local supplier that charged me that price!!

Try around locally again.... Alot of sizes have come down in price considerably

• Advertisement

cjt156 wrote: »
    You should always match pairs on an axle. So get another (somewhere cheaper!) for the back and keep shopping for the front.

Try these?
    Fizman wrote: »
    That seems very high. If I were you and you were willing to spend 100 +, I'd look at something like these Vredesteins from Camskill, cracking tyre. http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s16p12403/VREDESTEIN_TYRES_CAR_VREDESTEIN_ULTRAC_SESSANTA_-_225_45R17_94Y_XL_TL_

€116 a corner, and delivery cheap. Probably another €10-15 to get fitted and balanced locally but worth it imo.

Thanks lads. What's so good about the Vredestein tyres? There are tyres at the cheaper end of the scale - would any of these be worth a punt? :confused: I'm not exactly a rally driver and looking for good economical tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I've got Vreds on both my cars and find them excellent. They do very well in independent reviews too. They are a more economical alternative to the big brands without sacrificing quality.

OK, so I think I'll get another Kumho Ecsta to go with the one already on the rear and get two Vredestein Ultracs Sessanta's for the fronts.

Thanks lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

OK, so I think I'll get another Kumho Ecsta to go with the one already on the rear and get two Vredestein Ultracs Sessanta's for the fronts.

Thanks lads :)
    You should get the Kumho's for around €115 for that size from any decent local shop. You should get Verdestiens for around €130 approx, also from a local tyre shop, fitted and all. So I'd price around before buying online.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Bloody hell..!! :eek:

I put 225/45/17 on my Car recently ( Hankook )
    €230 for two tyres fitted/balanced

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »
    Bloody hell..!! :eek:

I put 225/45/17 on my Car recently ( Hankook )
    €230 for two tyres fitted/balanced

What were they tho? In fairness, there are tyres for as little as 60 quid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

hankook are good tyres though. not far behind vres and better than kumho

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

What were they tho? In fairness, there are tyres for as little as 60 quid!!

Ventus Prime 2 K115 225/45 R17 94W XL 4PR

Same as these

Advertisement