Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom, Dynamic IP, DynDNS Update Client

Options
  • 13-12-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hello ,

Just a few questions , Is it possible to configure an Eircom Netopia Router with DynDNS, and port forwording?.

If not, is it possible to replace the Eircom router altogether .Will Eircom provide the user name and password for the replacement router to access the Eircom network.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks everyone

Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Hello ,

Just a few questions , Is it possible to configure an Eircom Netopia Router with DynDNS, and port forwording?.

If not, is it possible to replace the Eircom router altogether .Will Eircom provide the user name and password for the replacement router to access the Eircom network.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks everyone

Mike

The username and password is always the same. I've replaced mine with a Linksys AM200 modem in half bridge mode (gives out the public ip as if through through dhcp) and use a decent Mikrotik router which i setup a script to update dyndns. You can use any router though, Mikrotik is not at all average user friendly
    http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Dynamic_DNS_Update_Script_for_dynDNS
    Username: eircom
    Password: broadband1

Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

Here's a screenie

185058.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

the silver version of the netopia modem (2247) supports dyndns,
    you can enter your username and password on the modem but only through telnet they dont have the option on the web interface

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭roadrunnermick

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your input. Just as a workaround , I have an airport extreme , Could this work with the Eircom router , under this setup

http://dyn.com/support/airport-time-capsule-with-dynamic-dns/

I will certainly try the telenet options and if not I will purchase a new router if this setup fails

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

if you cant find it via telnet i'll get it for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Check your account. My dyndns account expired and they disabled new free entries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement