Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 42LV550T or Panasonic TX-L42E30B

Options
  • 13-12-2011 3:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Panny or LG

Anyone any comments on these, anyone have either?

I'm flippin stuck, after months of looking I have it narrowed down to these but can't decide which to get....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Kurgan

Unpacked the super slim LG last night and am well impressed soo far ...
    Mainly bought it for the "Smart Tv side of things" Streaming movies mainly and I have to say on that front it's Amazing with a capital A...!!!!!!!!!!

Streamed MKV/DTS,Avi all to the Tv via the impressive Plex software over the Lan ,(im using "homeplugs" as streaming wireless never works the way you want when it comes to mkv) ... the best part about the plex software which is a fork off xbmc is that it downloads the bitmaps and movie info for your movies and then dispalys that within the smart menu on the TV..

Invaluable when the war office constantly asking what the movie is about :)

Tested avi/divx/mkv so far and all work s flawlessly , also it's easy to fast forward through a movie to the end without hanging or getting audio out
    of sync

AS regards the display ... I find it absolutely brilliant , watched bbc hd and Setanta Hd last night and the quality was superb .

I've only had it a few hours obviously but the fact that the streaming of the movies was seemless and the plex software makes it even better , for what I want .
    The Tv for it totally exceede my expectations ..

I'm sure there's people here who'll give you a more detailed review especially from the internet browsing side of it & calibrating...
    , ..it does have plugins for youtube ,facebook and various tv channels etc I'm just not into browsing on a TV !!!!

For the price , the quality of the Video & Audio ,Streaming , easy setup,and bags of conection options ... and the fact that both the tv & plex software once connected to internet automatically promted to up date its software .. I'm happy out .!!

thats how I'm finding the LG lv550
    Note just so you know Mine didn't come with the Magic Motion Remote not sure why but will query .. .......

Also doesnt come with a wirelless dongle that's extra as far as i know..

Hope this helps somewhat ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

The Kurgan wrote: »
    AS regards the display ... I find it absolutely brilliant , watched bbc hd and Setanta Hd last night and the quality was superb .

Note just so you know Mine didn't come with the Magic Motion Remote not sure why but will query .. .......

Hope this helps somewhat ...
    Hi Kurgan,

Thanks for the review.:)

How do you find the display on standard definition?

You don't find the display to bright?

It does come with a normal remote, yes? The Magic Motion remote is an optional extra, it's another €55ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Kurgan

Sorry for the delay getting back ..been watching to much Tv :)

Standard def looks pretty damn good to me... ... I was going to start looking at calibration settings but I'm pretty happy with the default settings so far ...

Yes i beleive the magic remote is essential if you want to use the browser options within the smart control , I found using the standard remote a pain to use constantly click buttons , reviews on amazon for magic remote says it's a must ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

just bought that panasonic very happy with it im only using upc mmds at present which compresses the signal but it looks stunning , older low resolution can look very poor at times, but modern recordings look almost hi definition ,viewed photos off a hard drive,.. crystal clear 5 years warranty clinched the deal for me 780 euro

Advertisement