Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Acorah Planning To Contact Michael Jackson's Spirit on TV Again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

One of the greatest moments in TV history is Derek Achorah pretenting to be posessed by Michael Jackson. And how does he try to convince people? By saying "If you see Quincy Jones, will you tell him I said 'Hello'". :D:D:D

Are you f**king serious?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

That guy really has sold his soul to the tv devil. I suppose he must realise he has no credibility whatsoever and makes a buck whatever way he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

Only thing Acorah is trying to ressurrect is his flagging career

"KREED KAFER!"

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Wasnt he proved a fraud during most haunted by that fella who fed him a wrong name?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

mrmorgan wrote: »
    Wasnt he proved a fraud during most haunted by that fella who fed him a wrong name?

Yeah, the former 'Most Haunted' parapsychologist/resident sceptic, Ciaran O'Keeffe, deliberately set Derek up to demonstrate his charlatanism.

Full story here: http://www.ripaonline.co.uk/famous-folk/the-kreed-kafer-story

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Bear Grylls faked an episode he did, doesnt mean he is a survivalist.

Singers get caught lip syncing doesnt mean they cant sing.

'Mary Loves Dick' - what a classic. biggrin.gif

Dre, do you mean that, just because Derek was caught faking the mediumship one time, that doesn't mean he's incapable of mediumship altogether?

I met the guy a couple of years ago after seeing one of his shows in London. To be fair, he's a very nice fella. As for his show, well, he did seem to be getting an awful lot of 'hits' about people in the audience. Each person was shown on a video screen on the stage and they didn't seem like 'plants' to me.

The only thing I could think of then and now was that Derek was doing 'a Sally Morgan' (person feeding her info via earpiece, info which they had covertly gleaned from attendees in the venue's lobby beforehand). It's easy to overhear people's conversations and it's very common for people to talk about the deceased they're hoping to 'hear from' at events like that.

I overheard a few people saying things like how wanted to hear from their nan or their brother who died last year, but they weren't going into much detail either. I mean, most of them didn't mention the people's names or how they died. They were fairly vague about it.

Then, when we were inside for Derek's show, he went into a lot of detail about certain things. For instance, he was telling one woman that she had been putting off getting rid of a stained red carpet in her living room for a long time (about 15 years, I think he said) and her nan was telling her to just go ahead and do it. Apparently that was true. There were a lot of 'messages' like that, tbh.

He didn't 'push' people into accepting information or question them too much either. The only thing was that he made sure to begin with that the info he had was applicable to the person who put their hand up.

Actually, there were a few people who were insistent that the info meant something to them but Derek would say that wasn't the case and then put the info out to the general audience again.

In some cases, when the person he was 'seeking' didn't put up their hand (maybe because it was too personal or something), Derek would say something like, "Okay, this person doesn't wish to discuss this here right now. Can you please come up to me after the show is over? Thank you." There were a lot of people queuing to meet him, get an autograph or a photo afterwards and Derek was taking his time with each person, so there would have been an opportunity to speak to the man then alright.

I still can't figure out how he got all the hits during the show though. Or is it possible to Google the show's attendees who have paid online prior to the show? But, even then, who details very private goings-on publicly? Most people I know have their Facebook profiles set to private, for example. I don't know. I can't figure it out, unless I'm missing something.

I don't agree with Derek trying to 'contact' Michael Jackson for TV and I accept he faked some of the 'Most Haunted' stuff, but his live shows are a bit different. I would just recommend that people go to one of his shows to understand what I've been talking/writing about.

But, as I said, Derek is a nice fella. He might be creating controversy to rake in the cash, but he's actually alright in person.

There's an interesting interview with the guy in The Daily Mirror from earlier in the year:
    Derek starts to explain exactly how he met Sam, then pauses mid-sentence and fixes me with his pale blue eyes.

“Why did you tell Nicholas you don’t want a baby?” he asks me suddenly.

GULP.

My husband is named Nick and he’s so broody at the moment I’m ­beginning to suspect he might actually have a womb and ovaries himself. Me, not so much.

Derek continues: “There’s a lovely woman here, I feel she’s a grandmother of yours… she couldn’t wait – she says she’s been waiting for this to happen since nine o’clock this morning, she got herself into the atmosphere and she’s been waiting. Why didn’t you put the red coat on?”

ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

“She said she likes the red coat, why didn’t you put that on. You thought about it, didn’t you? She was behind you, saying, ‘put the red coat on, come on’.”

Derek closes his eyes and speaks to Sam: “I missed that, Sam, get that back for me… Thank you, bless you...”

Derek/Sam/my dead grandma then say the names of two of my closest friends. Then it’s back to the hot potato issue...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/02/22/polly-hudson-meets-tv-medium-derek-acorah-your-baby-to-come-is-a-girl-she-s-waiting-to-be-born-get-on-with-it-115875-22940061/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

He's just said things anyone can find out about anyone else, very easily. He's a complete fraud. Serious balls on the guy though!

LOL @ Mary loves Dick and tell Quincy Jones I said 'hello'! :D

Bad Panda wrote: »
    He's just said things anyone can find out about anyone else, very easily.

Explain how he gets the info, in your opinion. Do you reckon he gets someone to feed him info through an earpiece, or what?

I know people who have lost relatives or friends in various ways by talking to them but, at the same time, I don't know about them having a carpet in their living room they've been meaning to get rid of for 15 years, and what have you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Explain how he gets the info, in your opinion. Do you reckon he gets someone to feed him info through an earpiece, or what?

I know people who have lost relatives or friends in various ways by talking to them but, at the same time, I don't know about them having a carpet in their living room they've been meaning to get rid of for 15 years, and what have you.

Perhaps. Or perhaps he's had someone do some research for him before. I've read pieces before on 'psychics' who gather info on their clients before they sit down for a reading. And some, it seems, require you to book well in advance too, in my opinion, to get their research done - again, something I've read. I can't remember when or the source, but it was online somewhere.

Having said all that, I've an open mind believe it or not about the whole thing. I guess I've just read so many negative things.

Take for example, 'Psychic Sally' etc who require you answer a questionaire etc before going into the show (I think or that might be John Edwards). In fact, while you're waiting to go in they've people there to get the goods. They're open about it to, asking in passing about who they hope to hear from and then when people go in they're amazed that Sally knows about their Aunt Helga or whoever who's passed a month ago.

Perhaps. Or perhaps he's had someone do some research for him before. I've read pieces before on 'psychics' who gather info on their clients before they sit down for a reading. And some, it seems, require you to book well in advance too, in my opinion, to get their research done - again, something I've read. I can't remember when or the source, but it was online somewhere.

Having said all that, I've an open mind believe it or not about the whole thing. I guess I've just read so many negative things.

I know what you mean. I've read a lot of the same negative stuff and, though I obviously take it all into account, I still like to sit down myself and think through how exactly they might dig up dirt on attendees.

Now, in the case of Derek Acorah and buying tickets for his live show online, key details which I provided were my name, address and email address.

But is it not an offence to forward personal information about people to third parties without their consent? I thought they drafted in electronic privacy regulations under the 1988 Data Protection Act here not so long ago. I'm not accusing anyone of violating privacy, btw. This is mere, unsubstantiated speculation and nothing more.

Well, aside from the legal implications of the above, I can't find any private information about myself and my personal life when I use my name, address and email address.

My cousin told me an interesting little story once. Herself and her friend got tickets to see this Scottish medium named Derek Ogilvie a few years ago. She said she found the show pretty good and the other audience members seemed genuine, but she wasn't 100% convinced about Ogilvie's 'success' either.

That is, until she went into work the following Monday and a girl she was working with mentioned that two friends of hers, who had been walking past the theatre where Ogilvie was doing his show, were suddenly stopped by theatre staff offering them free tickets. Apparently the staff wanted to fill some empty seats. The two friends, who were on their way to a pub at the time, decided to go inside for the craic. They were let in a side door just off the street and there were already some people sitting in the theatre waiting for Ogilvie to come onstage. Anyway, according to the girl working with my cousin, the two of them were given some very specific, personal information about their homes and deceased relatives that knocked them for six. That was when my cousin decided that Ogilvie's show must have been the real deal.

So you would wonder in cases like that, where people's names haven't been obtained beforehand to conduct 'research'.
    Take for example, 'Psychic Sally' etc who require you answer a questionaire etc before going into the show (I think or that might be John Edwards).

Are you serious? Ah come on, how obvious is that that they're 'fishing' for personal info to 'help' Sally/John on stage? rolleyes.gif If people had any sense, they'd refuse to fill in those questionnaires.
    In fact, while you're waiting to go in they've people there to get the goods. They're open about it to, asking in passing about who they hope to hear from and then when people go in they're amazed that Sally knows about their Aunt Helga or whoever who's passed a month ago.

Again, people who seriously want to see what these 'mediums' are really made of should just keep their mouths shut. Especially after paying money for a ticket. Or else go into the theatre at the very last minute, so you won't be talking to anyone or be overheard while talking to others.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

John Edwards definitely does not get everyone to fill in a questionnaire. He doesn't have to - based on the show I attended he is an aggressive cold reader who forces his recipients to say yes to him!

Advertisement