Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corsodyl after Extraction?

Options
  • 13-12-2011 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi there

I had a back molar extracted last wednesday and have been doing salt water rinses. All is going well and no pain!

Anyway i was wondering can i use corsodyl now or keep with the salt water yet?
    The reason being that I managed to hurt the gum between my lower front tooth (my son shouted and the floss slipped ow!!).

I noticed that there is now a gap between the teeth that wasn't there before I must have pulled at the tooth.

I want to use the corsodyl to help heal the gum between this tooth as i'm afraid of infection.

I'm back at the dentist next week to check everything but i just don't want anything getting worse in the mean time!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

The sheet I got said no rinsing the day of the operation as it can dislodge the clot and take longer to heal. Oops, cause I rinsed earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 clarab

Ok so i need to add to this one lol. I feel like a right disaster right now!

So when i accidently pulled the floss to quickly and hurt the gum and tooth it never settled!It's a bottom front tooth

It's not pain but i can feel the tooth and gum, it feels really irritated and like the nerve is tickling the tooth, i'm pretty sure the tooth has moved a teeny tiny bit aswell.

When i close my mouth it taps of the top tooth slightly.

It does feel like most of the irritation is coming from the gum.

i'm wondering if this will calm down or am i going for a root canal?

Advertisement