Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BYOB Restaurants in Dublin

Options
  • 13-12-2011 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Just want to know if anyone knows of any decent BYOB restaurants in Dublin, already checked out Cafe Bliss on Montague Street, just wondering if there are any more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

Rotana cafe and seagrass on South Richmond St both are BYOB and very tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LP788

Hey, thanks Doinker, Rathmines would be a bit out of the way though and wouldnt be a huge fan of Lebanese food. Chinese/Italian/European around City Centre would be ideal, BYOB or reasonably priced wine list is what I'd be after :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

royal tandoori in terenure have a byob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Noodles at Night in Drumcondra. Haven't eaten there yet, but I'm hoping to soon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I've heard great things about Keshk on Leeson Street, but it might be a bit middle-eastern for your tastes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

BeerNut wrote: »
    I've heard great things about Keshk on Leeson Street, but it might be a bit middle-eastern for your tastes.

A big plus one for Keshk. Lovely food.

Rotana is also lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

How does a byob work? Do you just walk in with a bottle of wine or some cans?

Bottles of beer are also acceptable.

I occasionally brought beer I've brewed myself to Monto in Kimmage. Very civilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I can just imagine people showing up with a bag of cans :D Do they tend to be boozier than usual restaurants?

Not in my experience, no.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Whispered wrote: »
    I can just imagine people showing up with a bag of cans :D Do they tend to be boozier than usual restaurants?

Yes I do it here in London. Also in Oz/NZ it's quite normal. I can't see it happening in Ireland much, the gov would want their filthy hands on the money if it got too widespread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LP788

Tried out Cafe Bliss and cant get enough of the place. Food is amazing. And no corkage fee for the wine. Seen people come and go with cans and bottles of vodka and all sorts. Fresh has a pretty good off license which is just on the corner at the bottom of the street. Unbelievably handy..went straight across to Whelans after for pints and a good band called MOO. Great stuff indeed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

Musashi Japanese Restaurant on capel street you can BOYB. gorgeous noodles and sushi

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

LP788 wrote: »
    BYOB or reasonably priced wine list is what I'd be after :)

The house wine in Cafe Mao is €13.99 a bottle. Drinkable enough (in that we didn't leave any!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

face1990 wrote: »
    Noodles at Night in Drumcondra. Haven't eaten there yet, but I'm hoping to soon.

I wouldnt bother not very nice! Diep much better but dont think its byob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The Westin do a bring your own wine night..I think it's Thursday (or maybe Wednesday) - walked past a sign a couple of times in the past month.

Slightly out of town but if you are eating in the Hole in the Wall on Blackhorse Avenue (highly recommended whether you eat in the bar (cheaper) or restaurant) - you can buy a bottle of wine in the wine shop and as long as it costs €10 or more you can drink it with your food, they will cork and provide glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

yogalady wrote: »
    Musashi Japanese Restaurant on capel street you can BOYB. gorgeous noodles and sushi

+1 for Musashi. Really delicious restaurant. Easy on the pocket too! Think corkage is €3/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

athtrasna wrote: »
    The Westin do a bring your own wine night..I think it's Thursday (or maybe Wednesday) - walked past a sign a couple of times in the past month.

Slightly out of town but if you are eating in the Hole in the Wall on Blackhorse Avenue (highly recommended whether you eat in the bar (cheaper) or restaurant) - you can buy a bottle of wine in the wine shop and as long as it costs €10 or more you can drink it with your food, they will cork and provide glasses.

Food here is great and the wine deal is a good one too. They also do an early bird during the week and all day sunday (practically) which is not restricted and a nice way to finish a walk in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭uli84

D4 Urban Cafe is another BYOB I discovered recently, I love it & it's close enough to the city centre

Dux &Co on Wellington Quay

Corkage €3 per bottle of wine and €5 a table for beer.

http://www.duxandco.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Khan's in Donnybrook is BYOB and a lovely Indian

21/25

Thought of two more, Seagrass in Portabello http://www.seagrassdublin.com/ no corkage if you eat two courses or a set menu and Little Jerusalem in Rathmines http://www.menupages.ie/dublin/south_dublin/rathmines/little_jerusalem.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I know it's not in Dublin, but easy to get to with DART, the omni plex or whatever it's called in Bray have BYOB bowling and pool and games or whatever. I know it sounds like it's all kids (and there are some), but it's not and it's actually savage craic for a few lads / mates to hang out or even a date! :pac:

Never knew there were so many places though, will definitely check them out.

Advertisement