Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress with web theme

Options
  • 12-12-2011 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

Ok, I'm not too great with the web lingo but years ago had a dabble with a web site. I'm sure its changed.
    I did get some advice a few days ago which was good. Just wondering , i've bought a web theme from themeforest , seems pretty good.
    Its wordpress compatible etc but what do I do next. do I import into wordpress and set it up from there or what?

thanks for the help

Rich:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You install wordpress on your hosting. Then login to wordpress and go to 'Appearance' then upload the zip of the theme you bought off themeforest. Wordpress will extract it and then you can activate it and starting putting up your content and pages.

You can do all of the above offline using Xamp is you are just doing it to mess around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭nager

Everything (well nearly everything) you could ever want to know about wordpress here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭richiek67

thanks for that but what do you mean I install it on my hosting? Do you mean on the remote server that i've set up my domain on?

Cheers

Rich

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yeah exactly, install wordpress to the server. Depending on who its with they may have an auto install which will run that process for you, otherwise just follow the instructions on the wordpress site or look up the 5 minute wordpress install.

Advertisement