Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I open Humax .ts files in Mac OSX?

Options
  • 12-12-2011 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I hope someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.
    I'm using a Macbook Pro Intel core 2 duo running Snow Leopard (10.6.8). I've had no problem downloading the .ts components from Humax Foxsat PVR 'folders' and playing them on VLC. I downloaded and installed the MPEG-2 Playback component from Apple (€20) and then MPEG Streamclip 1.9.367beta. But when I try to open any of these .ts files in Streamclip I get "File Open Error : Unsupported file type". I've used "ffmpegx" to convert some of them to Mpeg4 and they can then be opened and edited flawlessly in Streamclip but how do I get Streamclip to open .ts files and avoid the need convert them first in ffmpegx?

Sorry Guys, I'm a newbie to boards and just realised that this thread should probably have been posted in "ARTS/audio-video editing" so I'm moving it there now. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Macformac wrote: »
    I downloaded and installed the MPEG-2 Playback component from Apple (€20)

:eek:

Jesus. They charge 20 euro for Mpeg2 playback? I'm guessing you've opened up another thread in the other forum, but if you want me to move this one, shout.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Khannie wrote: »
    :eek:

Jesus. They charge 20 euro for Mpeg2 playback? I'm guessing you've opened up another thread in the other forum, but if you want me to move this one, shout.

Sure isn't that the apple way :P :P , although in fairness I don't think XP came with an inbuilt MPEG2 decoder and you needed to buy a DVD playback software, this isn't the case with Vista and 7 though afaik. Quicktime is the biggest scam of the lot, pay for premium features so you can save a file, :P

Nick

Advertisement