Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WARNING- RE: O2 money card

Options
  • 12-12-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I purchased the O2 money card in November, lodged €200 on 29/11/11 via an online transaction, waited a few days for the transaction to go through, no sign of it. Phoned O2 customer care, informed me they have no record of it and that it must be my fault got incorrect details entered or my banks fault for the non transaction even though it was gone from my Acc.
    After numerous phone calls and emails to my bank whom were very helpful and more phonecslls and emails to O2 who stood by their stance of 'we don't have it', 14 days passed when after providing them with a screen shot if the transaction from my bank , which was all correct, O2 phone me telling me the reference number was incorrect and that was the reason it was lost in their finance dept, however this is a blatant lie as I seen the screen shot from my bank telling me everything was 100% correct.

Having admitted it was an error all along by O2, they have the cheek to offer my 5€ as a good will gesture! Laughable, it's like two fingers been stuck up at me.

I bought the card for online purchases of Xmas presents, and this is now impossible given the time constraints, and in addition this wouldn't even cover the cost of the countless and time wasted emailing made by me to rectify the situation as I was led to believe it was my or my banks fault...... I will now have to take sometime from work to purchase the intended items.

I don't want replies from O2 representatives telling me to contact a different phone number, this is simply a WARNING to prospective customers of the O2 money card....... Stay away!

This will also be put up on Facebook and other social networks

Very aggrieved(soon to be ex-)O2 customer

Lisa please don't post your usual condasending spiel of contacting so called' customer care', because I have on too many occasions re this matter, that's what has me writing this post, here and in soon to be other locations.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I assume the bank has put a trace on the payment and have confirmed where the payment is residing?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 willienjg

It was o2 who had the money the whole two weeks, despite them blaming me and everyone else, The bank confirmed it was sent correctly all along, I had to get the bank to email me a copy of the transaction from their internal screen, to prove to O2 it was their error to which they eventually admitted after 14 days of pestering them and my bank.....customer care my arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

That's desperate, it would def put me off using that card, pity it seemed like a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PJMG

How long does it take for funds to be transfered from the bank to the money card?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭optimus1

PJMG wrote: »
    How long does it take for funds to be transfered from the bank to the money card?

up to 5 working days - but I've often had funds transfered inside 48hrs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭foreversky

im with o2 money card since march.dont top up via bank only in a shop.no problems so fair.:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

willienjg wrote: »
    After numerous phone calls and emails to my bank whom were very helpful and more phonecslls and emails to O2 who stood by their stance of 'we don't have it', 14 days passed when after providing them with a screen shot if the transaction from my bank , which was all correct, O2 phone me telling me the reference number was incorrect and that was the reason it was lost in their finance dept, however this is a blatant lie as I seen the screen shot from my bank telling me everything was 100% correct.

Two questions, where did this reference number come from? and how could your bank tell that the reference number was correct from an O2 point of view???

I think the ref. was the one on online banking.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I think the ref. was the one on online banking.

Well if was then you are blaming the wrong people! How can O2 be responsible for your banks errors....

Am, I'm not the OP, but the ref on his bank account was the only type of ref he could have. He asked his bank about it and they said yes, this money def went to O2, O2 denied it, but then found it again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement