Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple meet on 2nd Life - Get Married, then divorced as husband.....

Options
  • 12-12-2011 5:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

This is a good one I heard recently and hope I have the correct link & game.
    Basically this couple meet in the game 2nd Life which is similiar to World of Warcraft.

They meet in real life and get married.
    A while later the wife finds out the husband is having an affair with another female character in 2nd Life and divorces him because of this.

The ex-husband then re-marries another character in real life that he met on 2nd life again.

.....is meeting another female character ( in the game )

This is a bit of a lol momment.

So the question is would you go out with a character you met in a game and the 2nd question is if you got married would you divorce your husband / wife if you found out that he was secretly meeting up with another character in the game after getting married.

lol

again - hope this is the correct game as it could be World of warcraft and again hope I have the correct link here, if not apologies.

Either way it's a true story if you look it up :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1085412/Revealed-The-woman-Second-Life-divorce--whos-engaged-web-cheat-shes-met.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    So the question is would you go out with a character you met in a game

I don't know... is she a sexy witch?
    and the 2nd question is if you got married would you divorce your husband / wife if you found out that he was secretly meeting up with another character in the game after getting married.
    No, but I'd probably kill their virtual pet dog or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

I'm guessing those photo's of Ms. Brinkley were probably taken in the mid 1970's

(WRT to Pollard and Taylor, no offense but if either was the best you could do, wouldn't you rather just die alone?)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Second Life exists to make WoW players feel better about themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Welcome to 3 yrs ago people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Sounds a bit like Inception or something. A marriage within a marriage.

Confused the fcuk out of me to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

The only chicks I meet in games are Princess Peach and prostitutes in GTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So...

He met someone online, met her in real life, got married, got divorced, met someone else online, met her ine real life and got married again...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    So...

He met someone online, met her in real life, got married, got divorced, met someone else online, met her ine real life and got married again...?

Yes but was his Avatar having a bit of the old Inception in the Matrix whilst he was still married to Princess Peach (or whatever her name is)? He says no but that's the automatic response from a true playa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    So...

I'm not even sure as the story is pretty confusing. I think this happened tho :

Man meets woman in 2nd life
    they meet in real life and get married
    Man is meeting other virtual female characters in 2nd life
    Wife isn't happy about this so divorces him over it as this is how they orignally met up
    Man married 2nd female character of 2nd life after his divorce with the 1st character.

Now that better be it !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Daily Mail link. Not reading it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I know someone who met their gf on WoW. She left her 13 y/old kid with her parents and moved over here. Firstly that should of been a warning about what kind of person she was but not surprisling she turned out to be a psycho. Only took about 10 or 11 months to figure out.

It greatly affected me though as she was the GM and it all fell apart after that as she left the game:(

I wonder is there some real-life super-stud on Second Life who's made a character that looks like Mr. Pollard? If not then I'll do it myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Basically this couple meet in the game 2nd Life which is similiar to World of Warcraft.

I dunno about that one..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Yakult wrote: »
    I dunno about that one..
    To be fair, all computer games and applications are the same to someone that reads the Daily Mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I notice theres a few discrepancies in the details on their profiles :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

I think it's stupid to have rules about where you are willing to meet someone. If I'm at a pub and I met a girl; great! If I'm at a library - awesome. A concert? Why not. A bus? Sure!

Why would people *not* consider someone for a relationship because of where you met them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement