Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estuary recycling centre

Options
  • 12-12-2011 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭

Havent been there in years but can you still bring things like wood and electrical items to the recycling centre at the estuary? Also can you pay by laser card going in? last time I was there you had to pay with bin tags

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Was there last week.
    They only take bin tags as payment.
    Yes they take electrical goods and wood.
    I dont believe they are open Mon or Tues but from Wed till Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

I've paid with Laser there in the past, but maybe it's changed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

You can bring WEEE stuff for free. I brought a telly down a while ago. There is a list of what's free on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Jimdagym wrote: »
    You can bring WEEE stuff for free. I brought a telly down a while ago. There is a list of what's free on the website.

Do you not give your WEEE item back to the retailer when you buy new goods?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Details of what they take and what they charge for here

It does say they take credit cards as well as bin tags

I thought the retailer had to take the WEEE stuff as exchange if requested but obviously not everything is a direct replacement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Do you not give your WEEE item back to the retailer when you buy new goods?

You do, I had to go to Dundalk for a telly though so I couldn't bring my old one back up when I swapped them. The estuary recycling centre took it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Sorry to bump an old thread but thought it would be easier than starting a new one. Can anybody tell me if there is a charge for taking old paint tins to the Estuary recycle centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

PWEI wrote: »
    Sorry to bump an old thread but thought it would be easier than starting a new one. Can anybody tell me if there is a charge for taking old paint tins to the Estuary recycle centre?
    No charge the last time I dropped them off a few months ago. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Rashers72 wrote: »
    No charge the last time I dropped them off a few months ago. :)

According to the website its €4 for hazardous waste including paint cans since 2011:> http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Files/Environment/Estuary%20Recycling%20Centre%20Leaflet.pdf
    From 2011 a minimum €4 charge applies to loads containing Household Hazardous Waste:

paint, thinners, pesticides, herbicides, household cleaners, medicines, aerosol cans.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Environment/WasteManagementandRecycling/RecyclingFacilities/EstuaryRecyclingCentre/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Davy wrote: »

Didn't notice that when I was looking at the Fingal website.
    €4 is not too bad, if it was €8 the standard car boot charge I would have probably just put it in my black bin. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Can you show up with general household waste in plastic bags and pay or should everything be seperated? I misheard my neighbours explanation and chucked eveything in bags.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I don't think you can bring household waste such as the stuff you'd put into your black bin. There's a section for wood, plastic, paper etc, but you have to put it in there yourself so if that's all mixed in the bags you'd have to sort it when you get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I don't think you can bring household waste such as the stuff you'd put into your black bin. There's a section for wood, plastic, paper etc, but you have to put it in there yourself so if that's all mixed in the bags you'd have to sort it when you get there.

That's what I figured. Thanks. Misunderstood the neighbour as she just said rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

+1

you 100% cannot bring household waste like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Davy wrote: »
    but actual hazardous waste like fluorescent bulbs are free

(containing elemental mercury)

Advertisement