Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a dentist....

Options
  • 12-12-2011 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

I need a dentist, my one at home dosnt open on a Saturday so I will have to see one here.

hhmm I have a NI Number, do I get anything with that?

How much would be be on average for a check/clean?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Misticles wrote: »
    Hello all,

I need a dentist, my one at home dosnt open on a Saturday so I will have to see one here.

hhmm I have a NI Number, do I get anything with that?

How much would be be on average for a check/clean?

Ya just Google nhs dentist for your area.
    It will probably take weeks to get an appointment unless its an emergency.

When you call for a booking say you want an nhs appointment or they will assume private.

The prices are on an nhs website somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

My dentist only does private appointments on a Sat, I imagine most others are the same. It's £34 vs £17 for a checkup & approx £50 for a clean - not sure how these prices compare to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 coco1001

My dentist was £17 on the NHS - included check up and loads of x rays but not cleaning. Had no problem getting an appointment on a Saturday. Cleaning is £45

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭TheNibbler

As long as you have an NHS number you can get an NHS price at most dentists (£17 for check and clean as was mentioned earlier). You do have to have that NHS number as far as I know-girl in work had to register with a GP before she could register as an NHS patient in a dentist's.

Advertisement