Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tory Nazi Party

Options
  • 12-12-2011 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/1211/breaking27.html
    A Conservative MP apologised today after reports he attended a stag party with Nazi overtones.

Aidan Burley used Twitter to reveal his “deep regret” at the “inappropriate behaviour” at last weekend’s bash in a French ski resort.

The Cannock Chase MP was eating and drinking with 12 friends, some of whom chanted “Hitler, Hitler, Hitler”, according to the Mail on Sunday.

One toasted the “Third Reich” and another allegedly taunted a waiter for being French, the paper said.

Mr Burley tweeted today: “Deeply regret inappropriate behaviour by some guests at stag party I attended and I am extremely sorry for any offence that was caused.”

Today’s article claimed that rising star Mr Burley, a senior aide to transport secretary Justine Greening, was filmed at a restaurant in Val Thorens, sitting next to another party goer dressed in a black SS uniform and cap.

The newspaper quoted a French police spokesman as saying an investigation could be launched.

“Anti-Semitic and pro-Nazi crimes are taken extremely seriously in France. Anyone suspected of breaking the law in this respect can and will be prosecuted," the spokesman added.

What kind of circles do is this guy running in that he even ended up at this? Pretty disgusting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭ThePower11

Fishooks12 wrote: »

What kind of circles do is this guy running in
    Round ones I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

ThePower11 wrote: »
    Round ones I'd say.

Must try harder

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

... according to the Mail on Sunday...

Yeah, because the Mail has always been totally anti-facist.:rolleyes:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,202 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Big deal, hardly a crime. People joke about that kind of stuff all the time, SS/hitler uniforms are common as muck around holloween these days.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Yeah, because the Mail has always been totally anti-facist.:rolleyes:

Ya had a larf at that myself, pot and kettle comes to mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,486 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

a bit of Nazism at a stag, meh, I've done worse...

"Taunted a Frenchman", lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Sure Prince Harry did it, but I guess he is a descendent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,536 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The Fail being anti-nazi??
    Lord Rothermere was a friend and supporter of both Benito Mussolini and Adolf Hitler, which influenced the Mail's political stance towards them during the 1930s.[26][27] Rothermere's 1933 leader "Youth Triumphant" praised the new Nazi regime's accomplishments, and was subsequently used as propaganda by them.[28]

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Big deal, hardly a crime. People joke about that kind of stuff all the time, SS/hitler uniforms are common as muck around holloween these days.

I don't throw Nazi parties !

I'm not an elected MP either

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

emmmmmmmm...!!!!!!!! there most be something in the water at those ski resorts

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056156645

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

"Taunted a Frenchman", lol
    ... for being French.

It is a big deal if you're a public official.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

so he is in trouble - and you start this thread - because he was at a stag party where someone else dressed up ?

Is that all you have to worry about in the world ? Have you ever been to a stag party where someone acted inappropiately ?

investment wrote: »
    emmmmmmmm...!!!!!!!! there most be something in the water at those ski resorts

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056156645
    - ALISON O'RIORDAN

Probably not true then...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,202 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't throw Nazi parties !

I'm not an elected MP either

hah, true, I'm kind of of the mindset of whats ok for the average joe is ok for elected MPs. Double standards in society piss me off :)

In fairness the Mail only reported it - didn't moralise.

gigino wrote: »
    so he is in trouble - and you start this thread - because he was at a stag party where someone else dressed up ?

Is that all you have to worry about in the world ? Have you ever been to a stag party where someone acted inappropiately ?

Not that inappropriately no, and I would find it offensive if I was at one

Plus what makes it worse is the fact that he's an elected official

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Dudess wrote: »
    ... for being French.

But the article didn't say it was the MP that taunted the French man.

In fact, he hasn't actually been accused of doing anything other than being in attendance at a party.

Dudess wrote: »
    ... for being French.

I didn't say that either - my second sentence was about the story in general, not the taunting of the French guy, which would be funny on its own but that wasn't the full sentence.

I know he was only present at it, but it could affect his reputation that he hangs around with those guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

the man did nothing wrong.

If I was held accountable for the actions of people I partied with i'd be in jail

anyway drunken nazi rambling is very minor with all the ****e we have in the world.
    Man gets drunk and let's on to be a nazi and abuse waiter - well **** me - I've better things to cry over.

• Advertisement

In fact, he hasn't actually been accused of doing anything other than being in attendance at a party.

Indeed. Here's the full unedited (and I do mean unedited, the f*cking thing is waaaay too long) article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2072639/Tory-MP-Aiden-Burley-Nazi-stag-night-French-ski-resort.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Am I the only one who is thinking that the only people who should be offended by a load of drunken English conservatives shouting Hitler would be actual Fascists/Hitler supporters?

If so, why is the Mail on Sunday supporting the interests of Fascists and Nazis, thats what I want to know!

Advertisement