Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does any body knows which airline can take the pet into ireland please?help help!!!

Options
  • 11-12-2011 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I'm going to bring a cat from warsaw poland to dublin in janary 2012,but there's no airline can take the pet into dublin,I nearly mad!!!does anyone knows any airline can take pet to dublin or who have the expericece for bring the per into ireland from the other EU counrty please????
    thank you~~~

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

Lufthansa does from Germany (Frankfurt) via London to Dublin (but only in the cargo!!!). You also could take the ferries from France (Would be cheaper).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 diandian

yes~but the cat is from warsaw,and also must be accompanied by the person,I just want to know,if really like that,before this there were nobody can bring the pet into ireland,I need a dircet flight into dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Does Ryanair or Aer Lingus not allow pets to be carried in the hold?

Okay just checked and it appears that both Ryan Air and Aer Lingus do not carry animals on short hall flights due to size of holding area and lack of ventilation in those areas.

BTW are you aware Cat will be in Quarantine?

http://www.movetoireland.com/movepag/petover.htm

no~~~

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

RA/AL don't accept pets. You can try Lufthansa cargo (they can transfer the cat from Warsaw flight to Dublin bound flight in Frankfurt) or you can check courier options: they make trips several times a month with deliveries for Polish shops, parcels etc and they accept pets in the cargo. It takes longer but it might be less of a shock for the cat. Or if you know anyone driving it could be an option too.

the rules will be changed in 1 of jan 2012 throught uk and ireland,the pet from other eu country no longer need to quarantine ,I just felt confused,so before this,how did the pepole bring cats and dogs into ireland?

Had not heard about the rule change from the 1st. I'm assuming that is based on the pet coming with a rabies free certificate?

My friends used a courier and their cat was delivered door to door. It was a 30h journey but the courier made sure the cat has food and drink, let it out on a lead to stretch it legs and even petted the cat. Poor pet was very stressed and didn't want any food/drink but I think it was better for her to be in one place only with a human nearby than to be alone in the cargo, transferred several times etc.

I ask them already,they said also can not put in the cargo hold!! drving that's long long way~~~

• Advertisement

I rang the agriculture office ,they said all will be changed on 1 of jan 2012,it will become easy,but now! the flight become the problem~~

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

I was looking for similar thing though from Czech Rep. to Ireland. I found a company(sorry don't have details at hand) that can take your cat by car and you can either accompany it or leave it with the driver. I googled it so it shouldn't be so difficult to find.
    Just make sure all your cats papers are ok otherwise it might be stopped on the border for quarantine.
    There's no need for quarantine - make sure that your pet ic vaccinated and has a chip and a pet passport.

does your friend live in ireland?

The long quarantine is no longer in place (if your pet has all the papers that is) but if coming in by flight it will have to be checked by a vet in Swords and then collected from there. They deliver the cat from the airport to the vet by courier and you get the bill for the courier and the checkup (at least this is how it was a while ago).

You can't have a pet in a cargo hold on a regular flight (these holds have no proper ventilation/temp control) but you can have it on a dedicated cargo flight such as Lufthansa flights.

do you have the name of them please?yes I know drving,but how to drive from warsaw to dublin? it takes too long~~

Check out this website or look for similar ones - these particular guys require the owner to be present but I know it's not always the case and it can be arranged with the company to take care of the paperwork:
    http://www.kuriereuropa.com.pl/kurier/zwierzaki/

Other options:
    http://www.tdx.com.pl/
    http://www.hktransport.eu/articles/6

thank you. the officer said ,from 2012 it will no longer needed,she said 100% sure,the custom in the airport will check all the paper,but just one thing,they must be accompanied by pepole,if go as cargo,it may not on the same flight or will be later longer,that's the lufthasa customer service said~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

If you just go to google and type in pet transport europe you get loads of sites. One we look at before was airsea dot ie. But there is loads if you just use the right key words. These not not major airlines but companys thst specalise in pet transport all over europe.

thanks for your help,you mean send the pet as package from poland to ireland?and on the ground by driving? normally how long it will take please?

yes~I just found them yesterday,and I will ring them tomorrow to check out get more details~

• Advertisement

diandian wrote: »
    thanks for your help,you mean send the pet as package from poland to ireland?and on the ground by driving? normally how long it will take please?

Well not exactly as a parcel since they won't be wrapped up just caged or on a leash :D But yes, a courier van will take them on board and deliver to Ireland. Usually it takes more than 24h, up to 40h as they may go through UK first. You may be able to find a courier going directly to Ireland so they should make the trip much quicker.

haha ~~~that's a hope for me,if that's really 24-40hs,will be fine for me,I try to contact with the phone,but no one answer ~~if you get any informathion let me know please~~~many many thanks

There's plenty of them around, just google "transport zwierzat Irlandia" or "przewoz zwierzat Irlandia" and give them all a ring to check prices and schedules.

ok·~thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Can you travel by rail in europe with a cat in a carrier?
    It could be an option to travel by train to Holland and get the ferry to UK then train to Wales, ferry to Ireland.
    I know its a long route but if all else fails it could be your best option. UK trains allow pets no problem, I've travelled with dogs and cats and even met a couple with rabbits on trains there. There is usually a dedicated carriage on larger trains, near the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

mymo wrote: »

Yes :)

yes~if all the way are failed,I may chose this option,I will ring the agriculture tomorow to get more informations about the flight~
    thanks

mymo wrote: »
    It could be an option to travel by train to Holland and get the ferry to UK then train to Wales, ferry to Ireland.

I was looking at it as well but it's a) long b) no direct route c) expensive.
    I would say a courier is the best/easiest option here.

do know and think courier is safe to transport the cat or dog?

• Advertisement

diandian wrote: »
    do know and think courier is safe to transport the cat or dog?

Why not? You hear all the stories about airlines misplacing the luggage... ;)

On a serious note though - yes, They have your address and I'd say you can contact the courier directly. You can go together with your pet if you want.
    I wouldn't be comfortable with my cats on board of a plane - I think it would be much more stressful for them than traveling by car.

Advertisement