Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete N00b with a 3v card here

Options
  • 11-12-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

O.K. so I bought a 3v card and put €80 on it. I then went to PayPal, which I also have never used, to use the card. I registered the card with PayPal and that seemed to go fine. On my 3v account I have 2 "purchase approval" transactions which are "incomplete transactions" listed in grey. I only put the money on the card and did the PayPal thing on the 9th Dec so I'm wondering if the incomplete transactions are just a formality that will be completed in a couple of days. On my PayPal account it now says that I have €1.50. I'm completely new to all this stuff and to be honest it's all a bit confusing. I just read on here in the sticky that I cant put money into PayPal from the 3v so I don't know what to do next. How do I buy stuff on ebay, using PayPal and 3v? :confused:

Thanks in advance, I really hope to get this right before Christmas.

Edit: Can I just go onto ebay now and buy stuff and then PayPal charges the card? If I can't put money into PayPal I assume that's how it works but like I said before, I'm a complete beginner at this stuff so it's best to check. Thanks again.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pazma

Please ignore this thread post. I ended up answering my own question. lol.

I don't know how to delete it though so I have to leave it here unfortunately. Sorry for any inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

LOL, such a n00b!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pazma

Broads.ie wrote: »
    LOL, such a n00b!!!

Ha ha, isn't it though?! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Pazma wrote: »
    O.K. so I bought a 3v card and put €80 on it. I then went to PayPal, which I also have never used, to use the card. I registered the card with PayPal and that seemed to go fine. On my 3v account I have 2 "purchase approval" transactions which are "incomplete transactions" listed in grey. I only put the money on the card and did the PayPal thing on the 9th Dec so I'm wondering if the incomplete transactions are just a formality that will be completed in a couple of days. On my PayPal account it now says that I have €1.50. I'm completely new to all this stuff and to be honest it's all a bit confusing. I just read on here in the sticky that I cant put money into PayPal from the 3v so I don't know what to do next. How do I buy stuff on ebay, using PayPal and 3v? :confused:

Thanks in advance, I really hope to get this right before Christmas.

Edit: Can I just go onto ebay now and buy stuff and then PayPal charges the card? If I can't put money into PayPal I assume that's how it works but like I said before, I'm a complete beginner at this stuff so it's best to check. Thanks again.

Tbh I would ditch the 3v card as the banks are to start rolling out visa debit cards in 2012 to replace the laser cards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement