Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which fuel for stove?

Options
  • 11-12-2011 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

after much perusal here and in DIY I finally got a stove installed - a multifuel Marvik. In actual fact I've been using it mostly as a wood stove and was burning Flamers compressed sawdust logs, which were great. (I'd bought 5 packs at the Ideal Homes.) Well, I ran out of them and saw there was Greenflame logs on sale locally - 3 packs of 5 for a tenner. But I'm a little disappointed with them. Due to holes in the packaging, they were expanding before I got to put them into the stove, and this might be why they didn't light so well. I don't really have room for a half-pallet of logs, so have to buy small amounts. Has anyone any recommendations? (I've no links with any fuel people at all.)

All in all, I'm pleased with the Marvik but it is a little small for the room, despite me telling the suppliers that I really feel the cold and want a stove that'll have me toasty ...at around 25 degrees. The Marvik at 4.whatever kW just about comes up to what was needed for the m3 of the room.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Stove Fan

Hi all,

after much perusal here and in DIY I finally got a stove installed - a multifuel Marvik. In actual fact I've been using it mostly as a wood stove and was burning Flamers compressed sawdust logs, which were great. (I'd bought 5 packs at the Ideal Homes.) Well, I ran out of them and saw there was Greenflame logs on sale locally - 3 packs of 5 for a tenner. But I'm a little disappointed with them. Due to holes in the packaging, they were expanding before I got to put them into the stove, and this might be why they didn't light so well. I don't really have room for a half-pallet of logs, so have to buy small amounts. Has anyone any recommendations? (I've no links with any fuel people at all.)

All in all, I'm pleased with the Marvik but it is a little small for the room, despite me telling the suppliers that I really feel the cold and want a stove that'll have me toasty ...at around 25 degrees. The Marvik at 4.whatever kW just about comes up to what was needed for the m3 of the room.

Ecobright smokeless coal seems to get the thumbs up on this forum:) Would it be possible to go in with a neighbour/relative who has room and store your wood there and fill the boot every now and then?
    Buying the small bags gets expensive especially if you use the fire a lot. Buying fertilizer bags of logs on donedeal may be an alternative rather than retail shops. For limited storage you cant really beat coal in bags.

Stove Fan:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Ecobrite is good.....
    However I have found an even better smokeless coal called ecoglow...macpartland fuels in sligo import it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I bought 2 pallets of briquettes (184 bales) for 400 euro.Great heat off them.

I also burn turf in my Stovax Riva 66 Stove

Happy days,especially on a cold windy day like today..:D

Advertisement