Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing to Med?

Options
  • 11-12-2011 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I'm studying nursing now but really regreat not studying medicine. Can't drop out and apply again cause I'm already on my second first years... Does anyone know any way I could avoid doing the 4 - 5 years of undergraduate medicine after I get my degree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

There's no way around it. You'll have to do the full four years of the graduate entry programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

I'm studying nursing now but really regreat not studying medicine. Can't drop out and apply again cause I'm already on my second first years... Does anyone know any way I could avoid doing the 4 - 5 years of undergraduate medicine after I get my degree?
    There's no way around it. You'll have to do the full four years of the graduate entry programme.

Well as a nurse myself I think it is sad that someone wants to move on before giving it a whack (proverbially of course).

UL allow for a postgrad entry into medicine in Ireland.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Old thread, I would say they are long gone from nursing, or spending every day of their thinking they should be a doctor. Just what nursing needs, more wannabe doctors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Old thread, I would say they are long gone from nursing, or spending every day of their thinking they should be a doctor. Just what nursing needs, more wannabe doctors.

Yeah, true.

It's rare enough, but I've seen it before from:
    'I wish I was a doctor'
    Or more commonly
    'I wish I studied psychology'
    And.....I sh1t you not.....
    'I wish I was an OT'

I know we're all peed off with the government continually making us pay for the governments financial mess, so moral is a bit low, but we can do without people coming in and regretting it. The job is too damn hard without a wannabe continually in my ear.

Don't get me wrong.... I love nursing and working with patients, but I've just lost interest in trying to convert people who have no interest in it.

Jees...I know I shouldn't write on boards after just waking from a night shift. I'm usually more positive than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JS0692

Infact, I'm still in Nursing. Going into third year. First year was not challenging enough til I went on placement and fell in love with nursing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

ads20101 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong.... I love nursing and working with patients, but I've just lost interest in trying to convert people who have no interest in it.

This annoys me. Why would people bother going into nursing if theyhave no interested in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Infact, I'm still in Nursing. Going into third year. First year was not challenging enough til I went on placement and fell in love with nursing.

Make the most of the less challenging times, they are the good days.

Advertisement