Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Flyweight Division Announced

Options
  • 11-12-2011 6:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Starts March 3rd

4 man tourney

Ian McCall vs Demetrious Johnson

Joe Benavidez vs. Yasuhiro Urush*tani

P.S: We've finally found a Japanese fighter with sh*t in the middle of his surname and its blocked by boards.ie :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

Gonna be fun seeing how the commentators handle that one. Hmmm. So any fighters people think will be likely to drop to flyweight?

Gonna be fun seeing how the commentators handle that one. Hmmm. So any fighters people think will be likely to drop to flyweight?

John Dodson but those guys are kinda out of his league.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its pronounced Uruushee - taaaani, if my rudimentary Japanese isnt mistaken. Still, worth a giggle :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

John Dodson but those guys are kinda out of his league.

He fought Uru****ani in his debut and it went to decision so I wouldn't say he's out of his league. I've not seen too many fighters at 125. I've seen Alexis Villa fight a few times and he's a beast. I dunno what his deal with Bellator is or if he plans to stay at 135. I heard DW say during the week it opens up the doors for a lot of Thai and Mexican fighters. I dunno if he was talking about any fighters in any particular promotions or he was just being general.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Trained with Ian McCall for two summers at next generation. He is the real deal and one of the original NG students. Can't wait to see him in the UFC. These guys never tire and it's always lightening fast pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

So any fighters people think will be likely to drop to flyweight?

Well there's two listed in the OP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Kenny Florian will give it a go i'd imagine!

Xlami wrote: »
    I've seen Alexis Villa fight a few times and he's a beast. I dunno what his deal with Bellator is.

Alexis is 40 so I think the UFC has doubts about his long term fighting career. He's a great fighter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Any chance of Neil Seery? He's ranked in the top 30 flyweights

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Any chance of Neil Seery? He's ranked in the top 30 flyweights

Not for a while I reckon. The flyweight division will be expanded slowly i reckon, rather like the LW division when it returned.

There will be maybe 8 flyweights floating around and it will start being padded out by those dropping down from 135. Evetually there will be a good few flyweights but not for a while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement