Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

give up drink??? what to do with xmas coming up???

Options
  • 11-12-2011 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

hi all, bit of advice needed here! im 22 years of age and love the drink!i go for a few pints during week and then a full blown binge on a friday evening right through till the early hours of the morning!the problem im having now is that im waking up on saturday morning not been able to remember huge chunks of the night!this never happened me before, turning aggresssive and saying down right stupid things.also suffering for 2-3 days after.i gave up smoking in september and have not looked back, its great to break away from that habit.anyway im extremely considering giving up drink for good,i havent drank since friday 2nd december and it is hard enough staying in!! maybe i need to get into a hobby??? so do i give it up ?? the only time things go wrong is when ive drink taken!! :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Give it up dude, the drink will only take you on a downward spiral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Not remembering **** is not good or is getting in to fights .

Can you set a limit on the amount you drink and if you stick to it you wont have a problem.

Can you go out and not drink ?

Any non drinking friends ?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Crystalset

CDfm wrote: »
    Can you set a limit on the amount you drink and if you stick to it you wont have a problem.

I think that advice is sound but should be quantified; say 5 units per day which is equal to two and a half of standard beer approx.
    I often read on NDG reference to "the few (auld?) pints". I suspect this term means closer to 6 pints than to 3pints.

Advertisement