Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Food Shopping!

Options
  • 10-12-2011 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking at the Aldi Christmas brochure there and it made me think of doing the Christmas Food Shop - one of my favourite things to do:p

So when are you all doing yours? We usually do our main shop around the 22nd/23rd - the day I finish work normally (usually get a half day) so myself and my mum head off to Dunnes and buy lots of yummy food!

We always get carried away and buy loads but sure isn't that what Christmas is all about?!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

My mother does all the food shopping, she makes most things herself, mince pies, cake, trifle, pudding, truffles, etc, so it's mainly just the fresh veg and meat that we buy. Usually she does this at about 1am some weeknight before Christmas, when the shops are nice and quiet. She has often collected me from the pub and gone to Tesco at 3am, not many people down the veg aisle at that time! :)

My Grandad normally gets the ham and seafood, the turkey would normally be collected on 23rd. We don't really drink much so someone just brings over a couple of bottles of wine for the meal, pretty sure we're all the same in our family and these bottles are unused gifts accumulated during the year :p My aunt always brings the fizzy drinks...think that's it! The week before in ours is spent making everything, so truffles the week before, mince pies a couple of days before, trifle and stuff on Christmas Eve. I offer my services for disposal of mince pies and truffles that don't make the cut :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I've been picking up bits and pieces the last few weeks but will do the fresh shop on 23rd in Dunnes or tesco at about 7.00 am before it gets busy. Then I'll go to the english market later in the morning and collect my pre-ordered meats. I'll then spend Christmas eve morning cooking it all:)

Advertisement