Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cork city graffiti

Options
  • 10-12-2011 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

well since this is an active enough place i was wondering whats the graffiti like out there "also i run solo and am looking for a crew" . pps ,any places for spraypaint in cork city ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Seen gang graffiti all over the southside. 'Delaney's a rat.'

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pixie_dust

that park near sullivans quay is epic, real art. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Remember that " are you for the pigbull ,tripedrisheen " that was all over town a couple of years ago?WTF was al that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 spher

wow White St. car park i remeber me and a friend tagging in there hahaha it was done over like two days later .... and nasher is still around ?????? or is it just a toy taking his name ???..............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

darkdubh wrote: »
    Remember that " are you for the pigbull ,tripedrisheen " that was all over town a couple of years ago?WTF was al that about?

That was everywhere, It also had "Sack the food chief, Cork Prison" written alongside it, Obviously someone who spent a long or hungry time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Why don't you take your spray can and vandalism and shove it up your hole ?

How would you like it if i came and sprayed useless ****e all over your house ya moron ?

Looking for a crew ? Get the fcuk out for fcuk sake. You're not in south central.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'd settle for pretty graffiti. Something along the lines of the rather nice mural on the wall opposite the Mutton Lane Inn, for example. Could anyone with a can of spray paint try doing something like that instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There's an Ad on Gumtree at the moment looking for an artist to decorate a wall in a new shop opening on McCurtain Street. Could be right up the OP's street!

http://cork.gumtree.ie/c-Community-musicians-artists-Attention-Artists-Talented-or-Inspired-individual-group-wanted-W0QQAdIdZ340027184

Heckler wrote: »

You're not in south central.
    Unless you're in the southside, they you're in Cork South Central:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

yenom wrote: »
    Seen gang graffiti all over the southside. 'Delaney's a rat.'
    There's a load of that around by Shandon in massive red letters, creepy enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Namlub wrote: »
    There's a load of that around by Shandon in massive red letters, creepy enough

Its to do with a recent court case.
    http://www.examiner.ie/text/ireland/kfqlojkfmhql/

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

There's some pretty good graffiti just off Bishop Street by Crosses Green. On the (mostly wooden) walls of the rowing club.

charlemont wrote: »

One of them are dead now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

Where did you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Graffiti when done well can be good, artistic and can add to the urban scene. Unfortunately 99% of the graffiti in Cork is of the "Johnny woz ere" or "Man U sux" variety.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

yenom wrote: »
    charlemont wrote: »

One of them are dead now.

Gerard Delaney was killed. He's the brother of finbarr Delaney mentioned in that article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

There's plenty of graffiti on the wall of that dodgy lane between the train station and the city. The angry rain cloud is quite magnificent.

There's plenty of graffiti on the wall of that dodgy lane between the train station and the city. The angry rain cloud is quite magnificent.
    . It's nice to see people appreciate the art a friend I know done that not the rain cloud but the cosmo adverting bit ;)

. It's nice to see people appreciate the art a friend I know done that not the rain cloud but the cosmo adverting bit ;)

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Graffiti when done well can be good, artistic and can add to the urban scene. Unfortunately 99% of the graffiti in Cork is of the "Johnny woz ere" or "Man U sux" variety.
    To be honest if can art vandilisim was made legall the first month would be all **** but I think that eventually the big boys would come out to play and the likes of sox and rom and sfb would eventually just camp out to finish pieces huge pieces like maasasssssiiiivvveeeee murals

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

Spray paint in the shops is very expensive. The best online store I have found so far is O'Sullivan Graphicshttp://www.osullivangraphics.com/store/category/13/73/Montana---Black/ They sometimes have clearance lines where you get mad colours for about 2quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Heckler wrote: »
    Why don't you take your spray can and vandalism and shove it up your hole ?

How would you like it if i came and sprayed useless ****e all over your house ya moron ?

Looking for a crew ? Get the fcuk out for fcuk sake. You're not in south central.

I missed this during the Christmas run up - don't insult people.
    You'll get banned next time.

Spray paint in the shops is very expensive. The best online store I have found so far is O'Sullivan Graphicshttp://www.osullivangraphics.com/store/category/13/73/Montana---Black/ They sometimes have clearance lines where you get mad colours for about 2quid.

nice man thanks do u rite urself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

spher wrote: »
    nice man thanks do u rite urself

Sorry, I only saw this now. I don't do graffiti myself cos I'm awful at it but I did a bit of stencilling and messing around with the paints, it gives a nice effect on canvas and board over acrylic paints sometimes. Wouldn't mind trying out stencilling again.
    I agree there is some awful stuff around the city but in fairness the amount of graffiti - both good and bad - is very tame here compared to some cities I have visited abroad.

Saw this up near the Franciscan Well a couple of months ago - don't know if it's still there. Whoever did it needs to get a life!

197655.jpg

Advertisement